Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving and all that fun.

I'm only slightly disappointed in my first pregnant Thanksgiving. I think I paced myself too much, and didn't fully enjoy all the food there was to eat. At 2 p.m. we joined Don's family (all 35 people present) at his maternal grandparents' house, followed by my parents and grandfather at 5 p.m. All the fixin's were really good at Don's family's, but the turkey was better at my family's. I really should have had seconds at Don's family's. And probably thirds.

All in all, my weight has actually been going down, for no good reason. According to the home scale, I was down four pounds to only two pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. Hmmm. Oh, well! My mom told me she only gained 9 pounds when she was pregnant with me. And I weighed 7 lbs, 7 oz. That's just wrong.

Went to Chevy's for lunch with Don's immediate family today (7 of us in total) for birthday celebrations, where the food was completely unappetizing. The queso was good, but the flautas? Bleh. Even the rice was disgusting. Maybe this is why I'm losing weight. The appetizer are good, the meals are not so good. Same way at Melting Pot the other night, but at least I got through a lot more than just a single bite of flauta.

I won't even get into the nasty crabcake from Wednesday night's dinner with my parents. Even my mom's shrimp alfredo (and I LOVE alfredo) was disgusting. But Don did agree that the crabcake was awful, so at least I know I'm not totally crazy.

So, Don's family was here at our house today helping to put up the outdoor Christmas lights that I've been soooo against doing for years. But, Don's willing to finish them, so we just need to pick up some mesh lights (I just freecycled four boxes of mesh lights this summer, since we never used them) to throw on the evil bush that I managed to chop up today.

Oh, and I got our brand-new fake tree up this weekend too. Pre-lit, so I'm good there, but it's still pretty naked, with no ornaments. I had to rearrange the furniture just to get the tree up in our tiny townhouse, and then arrange the furniture in such a way that the dogs can't get to it to eat it. Marshmellow, the deaf dog, managed to jump through an opening in our sofa table and couldn't figure out how to get out. She was freaking out, just running in circles under the tree. Don's line of the day, "Um, hon, the tree is spinning."

Well, sorry this is so long, but it's been a long weekend. And I guess the Christmas spirit is in me after all...but thinking about that just made "the rhythm is going to get you" pop into my head.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

oh great...now "they rhythem is going to get you" is stuck in my head! thanks! ;)

sorry about the food thing. i assumed that half the fun of being pregnant is the eating. oh well.

Erin said...

I hear you... my T'giving wasn't all that great either, foodwise... I don't know what it was. I just don't feel good when I eat. :( My stomach gets full really quickly. However, this has not stopped MY weight gain, thank you very much!! Two pounds?! I hate you.

Anonymous said...

Damn girl...at this rate you'll be a size 2 after you deliver!