Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Saturday, December 30, 2006

To almost be not pregnant again...

We got back from the beach at around 7 p.m. last night, relaxed for less than an hour, then were off to a good friend's holiday party in Baltimore. Then, our old Friday night drinking buddies, including the infamous Larry Poon, convinced us to meet them at our old Friday night bar. The water was rockin' - and I wasn't the only one not drinking! Although, Jeremy had an entirely different reason to not be drinking.

After about an hour, the smoke on the other side of the bar really was getting to me (I was breathing through my jacket by the end of the hour), and thankfully Don just up and said "It's time for us to go!" before I even had to say anything. I still woke up coughing with a sore throat, feeling as if I had smoked again, but maybe I'm just getting sick again, because my throat still hurts. Hot tea's not even helping right now.

Anyway, we have a pretty busy weekend ahead, and we'll have to find time to put Don to work in the basement, too. Today at 2, we're off to his cousin's house for a little get together, and then we're going to Ann's new house for dinner. I'm excited for that! I've seen the house all finished, but unfurnished, so now that they're all moved in, I can't wait to see it all. Of course, I'm so behind that I still haven't gotten her daughter a Christmas gift, so I need to run to the bank shortly to order a savings bond so I can at least say it's on its way.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve, right? And it's Sunday? Yeah, we'll probably have to see my parents again or something, it's the Raven's game, and then off to Kathy's party. Of course, if Mandy needs help preparing and cooking for her party on Monday, all she has to do is call me!

Then, it's next week! And back to work! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Work is going to be fun and busy next week, so I'm going to try and enjoy this weekend and all the events and craziness as much as possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...if you can squeeze some time in there for me, i would love a little help. if not, no worries...i'll manage. i'm super gimp! :)

Bitter Mom said...

Help is on the way!!!! I may give don a break to just watch the football game by himself tomorrow, and I can come up and help. I must remember to make the taco dip before I come up....

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the Larry Poon link and now I am completely befuddled!

Bitter Mom said...

I LOVE Larry Poon!! ;-) He's a friend of ours, and a local comedian. And his name isn't really Larry Poon. Did you read his blog? It's hilarious.