Just got rid of my old Christmas tree stand (we went artificial - gasp!) and a pile of Case Logic CD books and a CD Tower. Next up? Don's old aquarium (with stand), and possibly a weight thingy (like a big barbell for doing bench presses, weights included). I'm tired of stubbing my toe on the weight thingy. It's been in my upstairs hallway for months.
I'm also going to have to make a trip to The Book Thing to drop off some books, so hopefully I can make it there and back without bringing home a boxful of books!! I also really, really need to go to Safeway. Now. I'm totally out of prenatal vitamins. See? I AM a bad mom. Someone shoot me, please!
I think Don's going through the basement crap like a madman - he's found a buyer for the never-used-in-this-house pool table, he's also going to sell these big (HUGE) speakers that have been taking up room in the basement since we got the HUGE tv, with it's more space-friendly sound system. AND he's prepared to move the bookcase back upstairs all the way from the basement to the spare bedroom - which actually, I had the same thought, but was afraid to tell him, because we just put it in the basement earlier this year, and going down the steps still took the two of us. I'm even tempted to get rid of the bed frame on the spare bed (this was the bed I purchased in high school), and just get a simple free-standing bed frame and push the bed straight up against the wall - no more black metal head board and foot board. I'll have to run that one by him, and see where we can get one cheap.
Don's also ripping up the cat-stained basement carpet in pieces as he goes, so I think we'll be desperately needing the new carpet sooner than later - he's prepared to just have all concrete floors down there in the next few days.
So, I'm testing a few of my CDs on half.com, but so far no bites. Might make a trip with a bagful of CDs to Record & Tape Traders later today. Anyone want any CDs (free) before we completely purge?? We have everything from Barry Manilow to Nirvana, and everything in between. Just not much country, and not much released in the past year or two.
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
The aquarium will go FAST. I had two and they were the very first thing I ever freecycled. I think they were claimed within 30 minutes!
EVERYTHING (except the christmas tree stand) goes fast in my area's freecycle! The CD Cases were claimed within minutes, I think!
The christmas tree stand, though, took weeks! I was actually just going to toss it, and someone emailed me with "do you still have this...?"
The only thing I've ever NOT been able to get rid of was a giant mirror that we took out of our hall bath. I actually did have one or two people interested, but they fell through. Sometimes it's fun just to post junk and see how fast someone will snatch it up. ;)
Post a Comment