Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Since I'm supposed to be "bitter"....

Here is a major complaint I have from yesterday's trip to the store: Safeway has ended it's like 7-year-long Starbucks promotion - the buy 7 get one free thing? That seriously is going to make me think twice about going there for my Starbucks fix. If only it weren't the closest Starbucks...

The plus is, I have a Dunkin' Donuts within walking distance. (Did I mention before that I can see it from the guest room of my house?) And summertime = iced coconut coffee. And I do prefer the DD's iced coffee to any iced latte available at SB's.

My other annoyance lately: I think my local postal guy has stopped giving us our mail. See, my parents and grandfather had their U.S. mail forwarded to our address since my grandfather's now living with my parents, and I think in doing so, they think we moved, and have stopped delivering our stuff. I did put a vacation hold on our mail, after which I got a big pile of mail, but since? Nothing for us. Hmmm. I keep waiting for ANYTHING for us, just to be reassured, but I just might have to go postal on someone soon. Get it? Ha!

I do feel like I've been pregnant forever already. It's getting to the point that people that I don't talk to often are asking me "have you had your baby yet?" Um, no. I wish. A month and a half more to go. The home stretch. Get this sucker out of me!

The kid has been kicking me in the ribs all morning. Ouch. It really feels like I have some bruised ribs - but bruised from the inside.

I definitely can't lean forward any more. This includes in my office chair. The only real comfortable position is leaning completely back in the chair, which prevents me from typing. So right now? I'm uncomfortable.

Anyway, that's been making me bitter lately. But overall, I'm in fairly good spirits. I have other personal stuff going on that's pissed me off lately, but too personal for the blog. And it's really just one thing. A comment completely unsolicited from a family member. It really irks me. I chose not to respond to it, but it's still irking me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish my kid was kicking me in the ribs! Instead, he/she is head butting me in the ribs!!! :P

Bitter Mom said...

I'm only guessing that it's kicking. Could be punching. I still have no idea what's a foot, what's a hand, what's a leg and what's an arm.

nelly said...

where do your parents live? assuming they are outside the states...

be thankful you have a starbucks and a dunkin donuts nearby! i would have killed to have either so close while pregnant =) no DD in the country that i am aware of and starbucks is only in the city centre...

Bitter Mom said...

Yep, my parents now live in Bermuda! They've been there on and off for about 6 years now, I guess. Before that, they were living in Ireland and Germany for a bit, too. They've been so worldly since I've graduated high school. Meanwhile, I've stayed in Baltimore ever since!

That's horrible not having any SB or DD!!! Are there any good local coffee shops? Those can be even better sometimes.