After a delayed flight home, we finally returned yesterday evening. Let's see if I can recap it all:
The first few days spent with Don's parents were filled with lots and lots of food. We went out to eat for nearly every meal. Don and I managed to go to Daytona USA, and we also did a lovely trip up to St. Augustine...where we ate at this delicious restaurant, the Columbia. I really, really want the salad again.
I must now take Zantac twice a day now, thanks to the awesome heartburn.
The part of the trip in Orlando was...interesting. For the most part it was awesome. Here are the not-so-awesome parts: the first night I met the most annoying, rude person I've ever met. This guy had an opinion about EVERY ASPECT OF MY PREGNANCY. Usually I'm pretty tame and shrug most of the comments off. With my one glass of wine (and after this guy had probably 5 or more drinks), I heard "I'm concerned about your drinking. You shouldn't drink." I just looked at him and shrugged, knowing full well he didn't a) have a say in anything I was doing, and b) have a clue that it took me 4 hours to sip my one glass of wine.
I did almost come out swinging when he asked me to show him my belly. From that point on, (after saying, "Um, NO. What you see is ALL you will see of MY belly.") I ignored everything else he said to me. Including the comments on why we shouldn't have pets (the kid will be allergic) and why he hates pets (his old neighbor back in his native country ATE his dog...seriously. And why that means you hate animals, I don't know.)
And that was all in the first night. The rest of the trip was relaxing yet busy - we did Epcot all day Friday, then had a function to attend at Universal. The entire trip was filled with so much food. Now that I have to fend for myself at home, I throw in a towel and order a pizza. Or this morning, send Don out for Munchkins.
Well, it's been long enough...we're off to pick up the dogs from the kennel! I miss them soooooo much!!!!!!
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Welcome back! Conner sent you a picture while you were gone. Keep a look-out!
glad you are back safe and well and that you had an awesome time! strange guy there...some people just have no clue how to converse =)
Post a Comment