Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

And we have a pediatrician!

I met with the pediatrician today - she's really cool, and doesn't seem to be much older than me. They have a pretty busy practice, and she's been the main doctor in this office since it's opened, but they're adding two more doctors to handle all the appointments. She said the other staff/doctors all hang out outside of work, and they all have a similar style, so that's good, too.

Now let's see if Don made an appointment to get the car seats installed...

In other accomplishments, we have the swing, pack-n-play and jumper put together. Oh, and the diaper pail...although that was really simple. I ordered some prints of pictures I took of the dogs, to hang in the nursery.

Yesterday, I swung by BRU and finally found some short-sleeved side snap tees in "Just Born" size, and picked up some 0-3 month pants (no "Just Born" sizes of those, but oh, well...the pants may just be big on the newborn kiddo.) I also got a Carter's 3-piece newborn outfit set, that came with pants and two onesies, as I just don't think we have ANY sort of newborn outfits that include pants. And I know the three-piece set I already have in another size, but that's okay. It's a cute set.

I'm just obviously concerned most about bringing home the kid from the hospital in an outfit that includes PANTS. Why is it so hard to find unisex pants for newborns? I don't feel right just putting the kid in a onesie and walking out with it like that.

What's left?
-Install car seats
-Install second shelf in nursery closet
-Unbox/assemble stroller
-Hang valance in nursery
-Wash crib sheets and newborn size outfits
-Put crib sheets on bed
-Put trash bag in diaper pail

Then there's the standard house cleaning details. I feel really good that we're making progress, not really just cleaning the house, but changing our habits to keep the house in order. It is by no means CLEAN, but it's getting more organized. I used some of my credit card rewards points to order the Hoover Floor Mate, so I'm excited to get that and really do a good scrub to the kitchen, bathroom, and entryway floors. It's just going to take so long to get here...boo.

It does feel nice to get all the boxes emptied and out the door (tonight's trash/recycling night! Yay!) But I know I'm not nesting quite yet. I don't have the energy. I'm just thinking about it. :-)

1 comment:

Erin said...

We brought Benjamin home in one of those newborn gown thingies. Didn't matter what he wore anyway, he could have come home in just a diaper since he was wrapped in a blanket and stuffed into the infant seat and no one could see anything but his face anyway! ;)

Too will, in fact, be wearing pants though. LOL. Children's Place has some really cute and simple "Just Born" separates...pants, onesies, jackets, socks, hats... yada yada... that's what I ended up going with.