Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Friday, May 18, 2007

Anything, at this point, is a good idea.

I broke down and bought a fresh pineapple. I ate a bunch as I was chopping it up. Yummy.

Don's cooking burgers on the grill for dinner. Also yummy. (Please be my last meal before baby, please be my last meal before baby...)

Is it possible to only feel a contraction on one side? I have an intense pain on my right side, almost like the kid is pushing as hard as possible along my right side and into my ribs. But there's definitely no kid movement. Just pain.

I really don't want to have to think about work next week...yes, that's actually one of my main reasons for wanting the baby out. How sad is that? I really, really don't want to even consider the option of attending a meeting Wednesday evening, either.

Dinner's done...

2 comments:

nelly said...

what is your actual job? you are always talking about meeting and such...so what is it you do? why are you working right up until junior is born??

Bitter Mom said...

I work for a small (tiny) non-profit that deals with the advertising industry - And I actually work out of my house, so that's pretty cool.

I'm technically the only employee, but I report to the board - we have monthly board meetings, and I'm basically also on EVERY committee. It's fun, but as part of my "maternity leave" I negotiated, I'm still technically working - but I'm not expected to go to any meetings...I'm just going to be checking messages/returning messages, emails, mail, making deposits, etc. And, for all that for two months, I get paid full pay!

I basically do a lot of event planning, though. That's how we make money - through membership and event planning.