I'm back in bed. With a heating pad. And a prescription for a sleeping pill that can't be filled for another hour because all the damn pharmacies around us don't open until 9.
Still having contractions, but they're not "active labor". Bite me. These are freakin' painful!
We decided to head to the hospital around 2:45 a.m. because the contractions had been coming less than 5 minutes apart for at least an hour.
The beauty of each contraction? It kills my back. It comes on like a freight train, my whole body just wants to seize from the pain, then the pain subsides, but my back is in pain for minutes afterwards...by the time it starts feeling better, I'm having another one.
Well, I'm going to try to rest (sans sleeping pill). I'll keep everyone posted!
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
**ACTIVELabordust**
it looks like becky and i are the only ones up with you. i'm so sorry that its your back of all places to hurt... with my first it started with back pain then the contractions really started and it was all down below.
now you know how erin felt about 10-11 days ago...
crap. you got the same damn nurse i did, didn't you???
I had Adrienne - She was actually the nurse that taught our last childbirth class, filling in for Mary. She's okay. It's the midwife who sucked.
Was it by any chance a kind of young, sorta butchy midwife with short blonde hair and REALLY fat fingers? (because umm. OW)
Well, I didn't notice the size of her fingers, but that part did hurt!!
She wasn't young - she was probably 40s? I *think* her name was Joyce.
Okay, well then several of the midwives suck. ;) I did have an older, grandmotherly type woman with dark hair the second time who was very sweet. (but still wanted to send me home, and for that, she sucked)
You'll be going and staying anytime now!! I'm going to be checking in all day! :)
Uh yeah, That was Erin... under my other gmail account. Sorry!
Post a Comment