Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Doctor's follow up

The doc called yesterday evening with a follow up from my blood work. She questioned again when my last period was, because the hcG numbers would suggest that (last Thursday) I'd be in my 4th week, not the 5th week, as we assumed.

I really don't remember when my last period started, so I'm really not that worried by it. Of course, Don started worrying.

The doc suggested going for the ultrasound later next week, but I did tell her I had an appointment for Monday. She said if I didn't feel like changing the appointment, I may have to go back later in the week or the following week, because we may not see anything.

I don't buy it, and I'm not changing the appointment. I swear when I went last time, I was in the 5-week range. They did an internal sonogram, we saw a heartbeat, and everything was okay. Plus, I really don't mind extra sonograms, if necessary. :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

I definitely saw a heartbeat that early with Simon... :)
Tell Don that as long as the numbers doubled, there is nothing to worry about. :) That's all that matters, the doubling!

Bitter Mom said...

Well when you only have one number to reference, you don't really know what's doubling!

Erin said...

Oh! Well, that was not nice of your doctor! :P Did you have two blood tests, or just one? If you had two and she didn't mention it one way or the other, it probably doubled...

My doctor always gave me both numbers! (you know, so I could google and obsess for weeks on end since that is what I do!) ;)

Bitter Mom said...

I've just had one blood test so far. It was in the 360's, and that was last Thursday.

Trust me, as soon as I got off the phone with her, I hit google!!