Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Ha!

I guess as it goes with having kids, you can't plan anything. We've been trying to make sure we have our bases covered, like if I go into labor and D's mom isn't here yet. The plan was to rely on D's grandmother to watch J if that were to happen. That was even what my MIL said, that Grandma would "fill in" for her until she gets here.

Yeah, D's grandparents are leaving later this week to go visit his parents basically until his mom comes up here. Ha!

I know we have tons of people to rely on. Basically all of D's aunts were offering to take J if I go to the hospital.

I talked to my mom today - her solution? "Well, D will obviously have to stay with J and watch her!" Um, NO. I'm not having this baby ALONE.

When so many people are out of town, this is the drawback of not knowing when you'll have the baby. Still, I would prefer not to be induced, not to be scheduled for anything.

---

J's new room is almost done, I think - all doors throughout the house have been painted and rehung and moulding's been painted. I'm sure the decorating and such will be a work in progress for a few months, and probably won't even be started until we get the furniture.

Now, for me to feel 'ready' I just need to get all the crap off the top of my dresser, set up a changing station, and clean up my side of the bedroom of a stack of books and bags of yarn, so I can move the bassinet into place.

For now, I'm exhausted. I think I'm going to go to bed. Maybe clean up some yarn. ;-)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I honestly can't believe you are probably less than 3 weeks from being done... this pregnancy has flown! (at least for me... probably not for you!) LOL!

Sarah said...

If you need someone to watch J, I am more than willing. Just let me know.

And I am with Erin - this pregnancy has flown by, but that is probably just for us ----definitely not for you.

Yay, you are so close!!!