Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Poll time!

I added a poll on the right! I'm just throwing the names out there for opinion at this point. Feel free to comment here, too, if you like.

I've been set on the middle name Jacoby, and we thought we were set on Ethan Jacoby for a while, but now D's rethinking it, and leaning towards Dylan. But he doesn't like it with Jacoby. (BTW, it's pronounced "Jah-coe-bee" if you've never heard of the Red Sox player with that first name.)

Rounding out our top 4 names were Gavin and Cole. I like Gavin, D likes Cole, so I don't think those are even really on the table.

Naming a child is hard. Like, he's going to have this name for the rest of his life...At least if we messed up with J, she gets to marry into a new last name if she wants to.

Unrelated: D killed the bug! Yay! I can now return to the basement. But now D's doing laundry for me anyway, so I don't have much reason to go down there tonight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

if it helps, Jacoby means "held by the heel" and Jace means "healer."

Erin said...

How is Jace pronounced? I assume it rhymes with chase, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't mispronouncing it and it was supposed to rhyme with Macy.

Erin said...

Btw, I went with Ethan... which I love. I beg of you though, if you name him Dylan? Please don't ever call him "Dilly" or "Dilly Doo" There is a boy at Ben's school named Dylan and I always here his mother call him this and it makes me ill. I know you guys have better taste than that though! ;)

Erin said...

here = hear. Gah. Too early for typing.

Bitter Mom said...

Ew...who the hell would ever call him "Dilly"? No, actually, if we go with Ethan, I'll call him "EJ". If we go with Dylan, I won't call him DJ or anything but "Dylan".

And, yes, Jace is like "chase" - it's a shortened form of "Jason" in some circles. Interesting meanings, too. I never did look up the meanings of the middle names!

Tracy said...

My Ethan's middle name is James. I also plan on calling him EJ every now and then.

Mandy said...

haha...i would totally call him "Silly Dilly."

and yay for your bug-killing hubby! now we don't have to wonder about whether or not you're in labor because we haven't seen you online at all during the day.