Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Sunday, February 06, 2011

35.1 weeks...

I guess soon enough I should start checking in with "No News" or "Still Here", and I'm sure all my facebook friends are going to get sick of the baby talk. And honestly there are just some things that I'd like to get out that probably aren't too appropriate for facebook.

More purging and cleaning going on around here. D got in on the action yesterday and created a LARGE goodwill pile. Yay! I continue weeding out maternity clothes that I'm just not going to wear again. Of course in the last round, I purged all the maternity swimwear, and of course the next day I got the kids signed up for swim lessons starting next weekend. I'm just going to try out some non-maternity swim shorts and a top and throw a large t-shirt over it. Or hit up target or old navy for something quick and cheap to go with the swim shorts I have.

After our sickness last week, things around the house started going downhill again. I seriously puked all over our bedroom TWICE before I could make it to the bathroom to finish puking. That was not fun. As a result, we need new blinds in the bedroom. Yeah, it's that bad.

More stuff is headed to the city house today, and D is picking up the bassinet, which definitely means the baby won't be here until way after the due date. I'll still have to head over there at some point and find the newborn clothes and diapers, so I guess we're not *totally* going to be prepared.

All three car seats are in the big SUV, but apparently it's not pretty. Functional, but not pretty. Better hurry up and pay off D's car and start earmarking some cash for the minivan.

Oh, one thing to not forget: rolling over in bed is quite interesting...it's painful, but mostly because my crotch hurts. It makes it nearly impossible to throw my weight over to get to my other side. Weird, right?

I'm also experiencing more little pains and twinges here and there that I don't remember having previously with J & E. Wishful thinking for an earlier delivery, I think.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wait. So you have a whole second house at which to store stuff? I kind of hate you!

Bitter Mom said...

Yeah, and technically a third, where we keep big tools, like power saws. :) that one's actually closer, but thank goodness there's not much there because it was broken into a few months ago, and still isn't secure. That was my grandparents summer home on the water.

The other (city) house is in the city (obvi), also was my grandparents'. My parents stay there when they are in town. I fully expect that when we sell our house, we'll have to move in there temporarily until our housee is sold.

Both houses have been in my family since they were built. Kinda cool...

Bitter Mom said...

I should also mention both houses are very small...lest we sound like estate hoarders or something. The shore house is probably less that half the size of our small townhouse! The city house is your standard 2 story rowhouse. :)