We had official appointment #2 with my OB/GYN today. She said all my bloodwork came back normal - oh, and I'm O positive. Good to know. (I'm really only typing that in here so I remember.)
She pulled out the doppler, couldn't find the heartbeat, so she had a nurse wheel in her sonogram machine, which I swear is from 1986. There was an electrical service sticker on the side of it that said "Next service due 6/20/2001." But, the machine worked just fine. I was jealous because Don got to stand up behind the doc and check out the monitor while I stared at the service due sticker, but both Don and the doc were laughing because the little sucker growing inside me was jumping all around - it wouldn't even hold still long enough to see the heartbeat, but as the doc reasoned, it would have to have a good heartbeat to be that active.
FYI, The doctor did turn the monitor my way so I could see the jumping bean, too.
I figure I'm having a hyper little boy, or the next star female gymnast.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Ha...you have a blog. Something else for me to Voyeur at while i'm breastfeeding!
Heeheehee...glad I can amuse you while you're breastfeeding! :-)
Yay! How cool that you got to see the bean jumping! :)
I'm thinking of going ahead with the first trimester screen just so I get to see that too. ;)
I am totally jealous. You're only 3 weeks ahead but you've seen the bean. I can't wait to see this little one!! It makes me ill, hungry, and tired beyond belief and yet I'm so excited I can't wait to see it (even if it looks like a bean). I'm green with envy (which is an improvement on this morning's green).
Erin - I think it's just a fabulous perk of Dr. Rawtani.
:-) I opted not to get the 1st trimester screen.
Meg - this is the second time we've seen the bean!! :-P I hope you feel better!!
Hey...you need to be like Erin and update more often! I need stuff to look at while here on maternity leave! I'm bored dammit!
Post a Comment