Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Well, color me confused.

So, I'm officially 13 weeks today, according to the About.com pregnancy calculator, basing my due date on May 16th. Also on about.com, they say I'm now in the 2nd trimester, but everything else I've seen says that the 2nd trimester starts at the end of the 13th week. So, what is it?

In the end, it's only a difference of 7 days, but I guess for all the functions I have this week, I'd just like to be clear on when I'm really in the 2nd trimester.

And a plus is that I can go get a prenatal massage if I want to!! Not that I'll actually feel okay with shelling out the money for one, but maybe for my birthday I'll make Don pay for one. I do, afterall, turn 15 weeks pregnant on my birthday!

(Oh, Mandy - I thought I would get away with it - yesterday at the Starbucks in Safeway, I spied some Gingerbread syrup, but they wouldn't make me one. Boo. I guess I'll try again today! Don't deny a pregnant woman her biggest craving, Mr. Starbucks!!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Technically you are 2nd trimester at 13 weeks and 3
days!!!

Erin said...

What Becky said... but you can call it today if you want. ;) Close enough! I am counting down the days myself!!! Three more for me!!

Mandy said...

sorry...i was mistaken. the holiday drinks start TOMORROW!

Anonymous said...

had a gingerbread latte today...just like i remembered... MAGICAL (although now the baby is all hyped because the barista forgot to make it decaf...reason #8 why breastfeeding is a pain in my ass...reason #1 is related to a very painful surgery I needed last wednesday because of mastitis...not that I am trying to scare you away from breastfeeding)