Don's boss had a little holiday gathering at her not-so-little house last night. Dear god, her house is amazing. I dream of homes like that, but will probably NEVER be able to afford it.
Anyway, I stuffed my face with nearly a full tray of fruit and desserts. This morning's weight? 6 pounds of weight gained over pre-preg! But I feel incredibly bloated, but glad I munched down on so much cantaloupe and raspberries. Also, a few little egg rolls, a shrimp, and little crab cake, but I mainly focused on the fruit.
Don also bought me a bottle of my most favorite wine (I can't even spell it, but it's by Fetzer, and it's like a Reisling), so I could sip on a glass. His boss also bought me a bottle of Reisling, so that was cold, so that's what I sipped on. Quite a few hours (and a limo bus ride) later, I'm sitting in the kitchen with women I don't know (well, I knew one of them - the boss's partner, the others I just met - other wives) talking about pregnancy and the awful things it does to a woman's body, Don's in the dining room chatting cell phones with his co-workers, and I'm completely bored, miserable, and would like to have a sample of the wine we brought. I ask him where it was...NOT IN THE FRIDGE I TELL YOU! Here come the raging hormones! How could you tote along my favorite white wine so I can enjoy a bit of my evening, and not put it in the fridge or on ice?!?!? (I didn't yell or anything, but he knew I was displeased.) At this point, it's 11 p.m. I'm stuck in a room with too much estrogen, the other option has too much technology talk, and I'm bloated and tired, and surrounded by people that don't have to limit what they're drinking.
We left shortly thereafter. And I don't care how tacky it was to do so...we took my (unopened, warm) bottle of wine home with us. Dammit, he bought it for me, I'm NOT leaving it for someone else to drink. It's the holidays. We just shelled out $50 bucks for the boss's gift, and even more for another co-worker who needed some financial help going to see his dying mother. So, I can't really argue with either one of those causes, but dammit, I'm cheap. You spent $12 on a bottle of wine that I would've only had one glass out of, why would I say it's okay to just go buy me another bottle of wine? The boss had a lot of bottles of wine leftover - including plenty of the Reisling, that I don't even think they drink.
So, today? We're doing a little more baby-stuff research, and possibly registering. Armed with the latest copy of Baby Bargains, we'll be headed to a bedroom store nearby that supposedly carries the highest-rated cribs, then off to Babies R Us, where I'm sure we'll have to wait in line to get our little registering gun, but where there's so much stuff, and I haven't read all about it in Baby Bargains, that we'll probably only get to the strollers. :-)
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I will drink a glass of wine in your honor tonight!
Thanks Beck. I'll be hitting my bottle soon enough. For one glass every week or so at least...
Post a Comment