Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Crib Shopping

What a big pain in the ass it is to shop for furniture, and now we're shopping for BABY furniture. It took us months to find the right furniture for our bedroom, and months to find the perfect living room furniture, and most of those times, Don didn't like what I picked out, but he ended up trusting me and let me get what I wanted.

We went to two different stores yesterday - in Montgomery County. Boo. I hate Montgomery County. I'm starting to hate every area except the 10 mile area around where I live. Why? Congestion. Too much traffic. I really wanted to shout out the window of the car to people sitting next to us in traffic and say "WHY DO YOU LIVE HERE?!?!"

Anyway, I was looking for some of the best rated cribs and these two stores carried two or three of the brands I was looking to see in person. My favorite? Reminds me of my living room furniture. And doesn't go with the theme of the nursery that I'm going for. See. This is the collection. And I LOVE it in Black. But we're looking for a white crib. Can't get much opposite than that. The white crib is being discontinued, and wasn't even featured on the showroom of the store, so that sucked.

We have one more place to check out, which was highly rated, and it's local - it's in Baltimore, anyway. The catch? It's a tad on the expensive side. But, actually it's still pretty comparable to the Munire crib above. Here's the collection I'm hoping to see and like at their store.

And since I'm into giving you links today, here's the bedding and nursery theme I've been in love with, boy or girl. I really just want to get the quilt, and the sheets, and maybe some matching towels for the bathroom, but I'm most interested in painting stripes on the walls similar to the picture. Although, I'm thinking of adding a chair rail and painting the lower half a solid color, like blue or green.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I love it all! We seem to have similar taste in furniture... I love that Pottery Barn look. The bedding is gorgeous too! (again, I'm a sucker for PB)

When we were baby furniture shopping, I had sticker shock at the PB'esque stuff and ended up with stuff from Baby Depot. Eh... it's pretty. But I would have loved to have the PB stuff. ;)

Bitter Mom said...

That's how I'm planning on saving money - just buying the sheets and the quilt at PB! But then again, I just looked at the prices of their cribs, and they're just a bit cheaper than the "high rated" cribs we've been looking at. UGH!

Anonymous said...

I am confused...why do you need a "high rated" crib? The kid will only be in there for 2 years tops!!! Save the money and buy more alcohol and coffee instead!

Bitter Mom said...

Don's all into finding a good crib, too, so at this point, I don't think HE'LL let me buy anything that's not rated a "B" or higher by baby bargains. :-) I would much rather spend the $$ on coffee and wine, though.