Yep, so following Erin's lead, I too have been thinking about all the STUFF in our house. Currently I'm sitting in my office, surrounded by papers (and two sleeping dogs) and wondering how in less than 20 weeks I need to make this room into a nursery.
Here's the order of how it will have to go...
- We need to move the desk and all of the office crap (including my Barbie collection in the closet) into the basement, which is all done with drywall and painting (except the bathroom), but still needs carpet.
- In order to get new carpet in the basement, we have to move all the crap down there into our kitchen. How are we going to fit two couches, a chair and ottoman, a very big screen tv and stand, a bookcase (with books), a coffee table and end table, and various boxes of things, including the collection of DVDs into the kitchen and living room?
- In order to fit things in the kitchen and living room, we need to clean (and empty as much as possible) the crap in those rooms. The Christmas tree will have to be put away (so obviously this will have to happen after the holidays), the furniture in the living room put back in the most space-friendly way, the kitchen table cleaned off, and pushed into a corner, so all the CDs that we no longer need and want need to be gone (what to do with those?!?), so we can physically move the table and use it to pile basement crap on.
Maybe we should just get a storage locker. :-) No, no. Then we'll never get rid of crap.
THEN, after all that's done, and everything is put BACK into place, we can bring in the crib and other baby furniture. Oh, after we paint the nursery, and also paint hallways and bathrooms and kitchens, which need to be painted.
Ugh. Thanks, Erin, for reminding me how much crap we have to do to prepare for baby. :-)
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hee. ;) no problem.
If it helps any, most carpet places will move stuff around to put the carpet down. when we did new carpet on the first and second floors, we didn't move much of anything except the aquarium, and we took things off the wall. (as per their suggestion)
hi! Came via Erin. I was just saying how I was doing the same thing and we just moved in here! I JUST purged. I like to call it nesting. :-) WAY EARLY
Post a Comment