Woohoo!!! The "company" holiday party is over!! It was well-attended - maybe a total of 125 people - and we may actually make a few dollars from it. In the end, everything in the silent auction was bid on, too. Today I just have the job of calling those that didn't stick around for the end of the auction to collect what they won.
I'm also so exhausted. I woke up feeling hung-over and like I had smoked a pack of cigarettes. And I didn't even have a glass of wine last night! (And no, didn't smoke anything either.)
Once I get a few work things done today, I'm going out shopping!!! But, I need serious help with what to get my mom for Christmas. I suggested to Don one of those "Grandma's memories" books, where she fills it out all about her and her side of the family for the baby. But Don had a good point. "She'll never fill it out." :-( But I figure the thought is still there, and I'll get one for Don's mom, too, and she'll probably have it filled out by New Year's. :-)
Any ideas for a mom that's not really mom-like, that lives on an island (and can't take much with her - import tax issues, even on gifts), and doesn't seem to want to be too involved in my pregnancy and life anymore? She still loves me, but we only talk maybe once a month (on a good month), and lately it's only to make sure that I did something to further the planning of my grandfather's 90th birthday party, or that I checked on him lately. Naturally, being stateside, I have to take care of a lot of that kind of stuff for her. Plus, I don't think she's really all that into party planning, or knows how to really handle everything. Last Christmas, she got TWO large meat trays, plus a turkey, plus meatballs, sauerkraut, and other various things for a total of maybe 15 people that came to the "open house" Christmas party - I think Don and I took home an entire meat tray.
Obviously, I've gone off on a mom tangent. Any ideas for gifts for her?? Maybe a good meat tray...
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
How about some bread to go with the meat...
Hmm...I think she likes to do low-carb occassionally. She does like to make her own beet horseradish. Maybe I'll get her some beets.
Post a Comment