Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Friday, January 26, 2007

Not much new.

I feel like I've been kicked in the crotch. It's a pretty weird feeling, but apparently it's quite common among other preggos on the nest.

I cry hysterically at the Pedigree commercial about adopting shelter dogs. It makes me want to go out and adopt more puppies. But two really is enough...for now. :-) Maybe I'll just volunteer at the SPCA or something though.

I attended a happy hour for the former employees of the company I used to work for that closed down. It was good to see some faces that you just about forgot about, but it was really smoky, and not real fun when you just drink 5 glasses of water, and have to navigate a wall-to-wall crowd with a growing belly just to move, go to the bathroom, or get to the bar. But, if you're really bored, here's a fun conversation on this other industry-related blog. It starts with the article about the closing, and then a bunch of people just rip into the company. No, none of the comments are from me.

Our dishwasher finally died yesterday. Don's back from his work trip, though, so I get to follow him to take his rental car back, and we'll probably go out at some point today to buy a new dishwasher. And then I get to get all gussied up and go out to a lovely dinner with the girls! Yum! Filet, Flemings potatoes, and creme brulee, here I come!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

grrr...I am upset I can't go! Why do people die when I want to go out?

Anonymous said...

hey...i tried to get them to reschedule! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm not getting that gussied either...too damned cold for a skirt. Brrrrrrrrrr...

Bitter Mom said...

Skirt? Gussied up for me just means "not wearing jeans". I never said anything about a skirt!

Becky, Sorry about people dying. But you don't eat steak anyway! I offered (to Mandy) to cook you one if you want! :-)

Erin said...

Okay, so weird. I just started having that bruised crotch feeling three days ago. Never had this before... WTF is it? It IS weird...

Bitter Mom said...

I know!! It's fine when I'm not up and moving, but when I get up (and particularly when I have to climb into the SUV) OWWW!! Hello! Last time I checked, there's no muscle in the va-jay-jay outer area that should feel like it's been overworked, but that's what it kinda feels like for me!