I think we've decided to sell my car. Don's aunt took it out today to her mechanic and all her friends that helped her make the decision. Long story short, she made an offer, and she needs a car by Monday, so it looks like we're going to accept and tomorrow will be the last full day I have with my pretty RSX.
I love my car. It was the first car I bought new, but in reality, is it the best car for a baby? No. A two-door sports car is not the most car-seat friendly. Plus, it's just the most practical time to get rid of it, before we put any more miles on it, and while we have a good offer.
I'm just still sad. Don told me to get my shoes and socks on and take it for a drive, but I couldn't even bear the thought without tearing up. Sniff. Sniff. I'll still get to see the car at Don's family gatherings, though, so it's not like we'll be saying goodbye forever.
I have been excited to look online at some new cars. Sticking with the Acura theme, I think I'll be looking at the RDX, and perhaps the TL. I'm already leaning towards the RDX though, as there's a good financing special on them through February 2nd or 5th, and I did kind of imagine having the yuppie mommy SUV. I know, we already have the Acura MDX, but that will now become Don's full-time car once his Civic dies, rather than having him put all the miles that he does on the sports car that is still in perfect, low-miles condition.
So, while we're in no rush to go out and buy another car, we're going to try to see if we can get some info on any yet-to-be-announced February specials, so I don't feel as pressed to take advantage of the RDX financing deal so quickly. Oh, and yes, we'll be paying off the MDX with the sale of my car, and using the rest for the down payment on the new car. Or if we wait a while on the new car, it will go towards the basement carpet without having to dip into any savings.
In the meantime, I now get to drive the MDX full-time. But I sure will miss my car.
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment