Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Being up this early is inhumane.

Don had an early meeting, so I was awakened by his getting ready...at 6 a.m. I know this is not all that early, but I'm just exhausted. I had a board meeting last night. I think that in itself was exhausting - I now have a bunch more stuff to do, and not much time to do it. And of course my president had to run out early, so I forgot to get him to sign checks - and those checks include my paycheck, expense check and mileage check that I really, really need to pay off my credit card, which includes the dishwasher and new carpet.

I also have to drop off the new car to get the roof rack installed, pick up a refill of prenatals, make an appointment (or just call to see if I need one) for the 1-hour glucose test, and the slew of work stuff I need to do.

I'm really putting off the glucose thing - any tips on what I should or shouldn't do to help me pass? I think my mom has hypo/hyperglycemia (can't remember which) so I may be doomed anyway. And after a physical last year, they asked me to come back for a glucose test and I never did. I'll get that one done when I'm done being preggo.

And to further the whole pants-falling-down thing? I wore a pair of khakis last night - full panel from Motherhood - and they felt too tight!! That may be my fault though, for washing AND drying them (apparently a cardinal sin in maternity clothes?). At least they weren't falling down...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For this is why I mostly wore dresses in the final stages of pregnancy! Motherhood clothes ALWAYS shrink! Just wear a trashbag or something!

Erin said...

Re: the glucose thing. Don't eat or drink ANYTHING beforehand... don't even take a Tums in the middle of the night. Anything can screw that 1-hour test up and then you'll be stuck going for the nasty 3-hour one.

Bitter Mom said...

A trashbag sounds good about now.

Erin: Thanks for the tip. I'll probably try to go take it tomorrow morning. :-) Lord knows I don't want to do the three hour!