Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Monday, February 05, 2007

Busy weekend

We ordered the baby furniture!! Saturday, when I could finally muster the energy to get out of the house, we jetted to Gaithersburg, ordered the crib, dresser and hutch, checked out the stroller we picked out in person, decided to look at strollers further because that one wasn't incredibly user-friendly, and jetted back home in time to make taco dip and hit a family party. So, lots of money later, we have furniture on order, that should hopefully come - at the latest - the week the kid is due. :-) I think it will be earlier.

Sunday, we mozied to Babies R Us to pick out something in a light green that we could agree on to match to the green paint of the nursery. Mission accomplished. We also looked at outfits, but I'm really confused on the whole "coming home" outfit thing - and I just might wait until the last possible minute to decide on anything. Who knows what the weather is going to be like? And I do feel funny buying a boy and a girl outfit, so this also buys me more time to scope out the unisex newborn outfits.

We managed to get home with a few hours to spare before heading to my cousin's house (with more taco dip) for an exciting viewing of 'the big game'.

Don left this morning for the last of his work trips this winter. He's back late Wednesday night. Tonight is the only night I have to myself to relax, as I have work and social plans the rest of the week. I'm off to the dentist this morning, to get a cavity filled and to fix a minor chip in my front tooth (stupid staple...yes, I chipped it because I was trying to pry a staple from a very large stack of papers).

Tomorrow the new dishwasher gets delivered! Yay! Then I get to pick up our first ever printed newsletter for work, and run and get postage (must make sure it's enough) then hopefully over to this office where these kind people said they'd help stuff, label, stamp and seal them to be mailed. Otherwise, I'll be stuffing, stamping, labeling and sealing in my free time tomorrow and Wednesday.

Lots of stuff to do today between the dentist and work stuff, so I better get to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Conner's coming home outfit was a green sleeper with yellow duckies on it. Nothing fancy. I didn't want people at my house when we got home and he didn't need to impress us with his outfit. We saved the cute stuff for later.