Today was an early day. Up at 5:30. Showered, dressed and out the door by 6:30, in the city by 7:15, meeting at 8. Drop-off and such afterwards, and here I am, back again and one grande vanilla latte later, I'm still exhausted. But, I've scratched off everything I need to do today. I may just go take a nap.
At least the kid woke up with me early, and did what I can only sense as expressing his or her displeasure at being awoken so early - kicking/punching my colon and bladder, headbutting/punching/kicking everywhere around my uterus. It wasn't painful by any means, but it certainly made for a very uncomfortable drive into the city.
Oh, and at the meeting, I didn't get to eat until after it was over - when I began to scarf down a cheese danish and several slices of cantaloupe. Seriously? Hardly anyone touched the food. And I had to order it, putting it on my personal card to be reimbursed later. At least do me the courtesy of EATING THE FOOD PEOPLE! I could've eaten the entire plate of fruit and pastries myself, and even though I was pigging out in front of the three people remaining after the meeting, I still felt very self-concious and limited my intake.
Meawhile, Verizon is currently destroying my street - including the front yards of everyone on my street. I just noticed some guy standing in a hole in my front yard filling it with rocks. Awesome. They're apparently running some fiber-optic cable...regardless, my yard is not nearly as destroyed as ALL the others on the block! It is rather noisy, so that's going to make napping quite a challenge.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment