The power of suggestion is wonderful. They mentioned in our childbirth class that you could get one of those exercise balls that might help you get through the early stages of labor. They're also handy for opening your pelvis to prepare for labor.
So, Don got me one yesterday, and I blew it up and have been sitting on it occassionally doing the pelvic exercises they showed us in class. I think I'm using muscles in my back and thighs that I haven't used in a looooong time, because I've been in PAIN. But I suppose it's a good kinda pain that will help me (hopefully) get through labor.
Don cut the grass today for the first time this season, so he gets a big pat on the back. I managed to get a load of whites into the wash, despite the awful pain of climbing the stairs. Which reminds me, I need to go put them into the dryer. :-)
The baby is kicking around and stuff, and occassionally I'll get a cramp down there, but nothing else really new. My mom called to check in, so I guess all the "checking in" phone calls will be getting more and more frequent.
I think it's funny, too, that Don seems to get a little upset to hear that my mom won't be coming into town until the 22nd or so (if the baby's here by then - if not, she'll be hanging out in NY until the kiddo comes), and my dad's flight arrangements are for the 24th. I could easily still be pregnant when they get here, and even though he thinks I'll be late, he's more miffed that they "won't be here for the baby's birth". Um...I think he thinks that "late" means I'll give birth on the 19th or 20th. I don't even see that as being late. I'm sure I'll feel a lot different when those days come, but still, it's not that late.
I guess I'm just over it, and if they're here, they're here. I really don't want 100 people camped out at the hospital waiting for the baby to come out. I really don't want ANY people camped out at the hospital...but I already know Don's mom will be "camped out". I guess I'd rather just know people's plans (which yes, I know my parents' plans) but I don't know what Don's mom has planned - when she gets into town, when she'll be staying with us, or when she'll be leaving.
Anyway, I have no problem having visitors in the hospital, once we call everyone to say the baby's here...it's the uncertainty of what happens after we're released from the hospital...
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
So I'm guessing that Don't going to be the only one with you while you're pushing? I can definitely understand that...although my mom will be in the room with me along with Ed. She'd never get over it if she wasn't. I'm fine with her being there. Becky actually had her and her mother-in-law in the room. I definitely draw the line there. I complain about Sandi, but she's grown on me over the years...but it would still be way creepy to have her in the room at that time. If Becky's dying to be there, that would be fine with me, but I don't see that happening either...so Ed and my mom it is. ;)
Yeah, don's mom said "I'll be camped out at the hospital, that way if you (don) can't handle it or pass out or something, I can fill in!"
I do love my mother-in-law dearly, and I have a great relationship with her, and I'm even fine with her coming in and out of the L&D room while I'm laboring, but no one but Don and medical staff will be in there while I push the watermelon out!
Screw the birthing ball. Get the epidural a.s.a.ap! ;)
As for who is joining me during the fun pushing part this time? Tom and my mom... (as last time), and my MIL if the charge nurse will allow a third person. My doctor said it's up to whichever nurse is on duty that day and that some of them are very strict about the "only two people in the delivery room" policy. Bleh...
Post a Comment