It was hopeless. So, I got some rest, finally ate a handful of Corn Pops at about 3, rested more, and luckily did not throw up again. Don came home feeling a bit ill, too, but he managed to keep everything down. We went to bed at about 9:30.
So, the weekend was eventful and exciting! Thursday evening my mom came into town, she and I went out to eat while Don stayed home to continue to clean the house. Friday, I had my 34-week doctor's appointment. I still don't think I've gained any weight for a few weeks (and yesterday's illness probably helped me drop a pound or two), for a total weight gain around 23 pounds or so on the doctor's scale.Baby's still doing good, and still head down. The doctor also gave me the name of a pediatrician to care for the baby while we're in the hospital, so that's good. She said all I need to do is give them this guy's name when we check in, and we'll be set. I think I found a local pediatrician (or group of, actually), too. I'm going to visit them next week, I think.After the doctor, my mom and I hit the mall, and I picked up a birthday present for my dad - he turned 60 this weekend! (As an aside, it's funny because my grandfather turned 90 this year, my dad turned 60, I turn 30, and the baby will be born, so we're all 30 years apart.) Then we did lunch, and got haircuts. Saturday was my shower! Yay! Don left early to pick up our taxes from our accountant, and to help set up for the shower (he's so sweet), so if I didn't know about it, I don't know how he would've gotten me there - plus he wanted us both to have our cars there so we could bring all the gifts home. Dale Jarrett made an appearance, as he tends to at parties thrown at this location:
It was a big shower, full of my family and friends and Don's family, so I knew I had to get in there and get through presents. I wanted to say "hi" to everyone first, though, so I did that, and then got a plate of food, stuffed my face, and went to work. :-)
Here I am with one of the shirts Kathy had made for the baby! (It says "I love my deaf dog" and has a picture of a white boxer on it - which I swore was Marshmellow!) She also got a onesie with a picture of Phoenix on it, to go with the FUBU jeans for the baby (inside joke, people). Overall, we got a lot of stuff that will go to good use for the baby and the nursery!! I only have a few duplicate things to return, and then I just need to get a few more little things, and we should be all set for baby! I think Don's starting to face reality, as he was talking to a co-worker yesterday who asked when I was due. Don told him, and the guy replied "so, anytime now, really." Hehehe.We have our first childbirth class tonight, and I think Don's just going to meet me there. I have to be out and about today for work, so rather than go all the way home and all the way back out in rush hour, I'm just going to be running work errands until the class starts. If I have time, maybe I'll even swing by Babies R Us, but I'm not counting on having too much free time.Well, I'm starving, and need to get ready for my long day! I wish I had milk to go with my Corn Pops...I think I'll just hit Dunkin Donuts for a coffee and a mufffin on my way out.


1 comment:
Hey! At your childbirth class can you ask if they have wifi? ;) (pretty please?) ;)
Post a Comment