Big event over! I of course have a lot of follow-up, wrap-up things, but overall it turned out AMAZING! Everyone that offered me their feedback said it was even better than last year!
Of course, I brought my camera to take some pictures at the event, for use on our website and newsletter, but I left the memory card on my kitchen counter. :-(
Anyway, a lot of people that I haven't seen in a while were surprised to learn that "I'm about to pop" and they really all said I looked great! Yay! No rude comments, except for the teasing about not being able to drink (which, yes, got old).
So, I guess to divulge a bit of info as to what this event really entailed - we had over 350 people (a bit less than last year, but that's okay) that we had to feed, give beverages, and entertain. The show itself was totally fun, and offered some humor that I haven't seen done *ever* for this event in the years past that I've been involved in or attended. It really, really raised the bar for the future people that will help me do this event.
My buddies that did this event this year pretty much made me cry, though, as they thanked me very graciously on stage, and it was so sweet. I'm going to miss working with them so closely as well...and if I didn't have it so good doing what I'm doing now, I really, really would consider actually working in their office - they are looking for people and I think I would fit perfectly into what they're looking for. Sniff, sniff. Maybe in a few years. I love those guys.
Well, I'm going to relax today. My whole body aches. I got up to pee at 3 a.m. and could barely walk. I may even take a hot bath - I do stink, since I stopped by the afterparty and left smelling like an ashtray. And of course was too tired to take a shower at 12:30 in the morning when I got home - so I just sprayed myself down with body spray and crashed.
I may even take a nap. Why in the world did I get up at 7 a.m.?
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment