Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Three stores, and $700 later...

Shopping is nearly complete! We should really be all set for baby's arrival now!

BRU took most everything back - except the swing. Just as well, as they were out of the swing I wanted to get. So, we ended up with $122 in credit at BRU, plus we had about $120 in gift cards, so that put a good dent in the $500 we spent there. Plus, I had a $5 off coupon. Sweet.

We got the Pack N Play, the changing pad and covers, sheets, an extra set of bottles and nipples (who doesn't need an extra set of nipples? I know I do!), a can of formula, a box of the travel tubes of formula, the cutie-patutie diaper bag, wipes and more wipes, and three more gates - which are really more for the dogs than the kid at this point.

Next it was off to Target, returned swing #1 to purchase swing #2, plus size 1 diapers, an extra car mirror thing to see the baby while driving, and frames for the pictures (yet to be taken and printed, of course) that we'll be hanging in baby's room. We had the most *pleasant* cashier (that's sarcasm dripping from the word "pleasant") and then we got the hell outta there.

Lastly, we went to PetSmart, but that was obviously not for baby stuff. With all the new baby gates, we've gated off the kitchen, so we needed an extra water bowl in the living room area for the dogs for when we shut the gate to the kitchen when we leave the house. Oh, and we needed cat litter.

So, we spent money, we spent store credit. Now we have more baby crap to put away, but I finally feel like we're really starting to get everything together. I hope.

OH!!! One more question - should we get a second diaper pail for another level of the house? I thought we should, but I figured I'd ask here first...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yikes! You guys were BUSY!!!

As for the extra diaper thingie.... nah. I say, no need... it's just one more thing to worry about cleaning up and emptying. If I change a diaper on another floor, I just put it in the kitchen trash can or on the stairs to run up to the diaper genie later. (or if it's especially icky, I run it right up!)

Erin said...

And you just reminded me I need baby wipes!!! Shoot.. another trip to Target/BRU. ;) I also need a million batteries in all different sizes for the various baby accoutrements.