Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Randomness

Although not officially installed, or even attached to anything, I got in my car today to see the carseat sitting in the backseat. Talk about weird.

I finally got all the crib sheets and things into the wash, and now they're done, but still sitting in the dryer, just 8 feet away from me. They will get on the bed today.

I unpackaged/unrolled/untagged all the newborn outfits save one big set, and threw those in the hamper. Those are next up in the wash.

Marshmellow's an underwear thief. Phoenix likes to lay next to the tub while I shower, so I have to leave the bathroom door open. Then she likes to come in and steal the dirty underwear that I just took off. But on a positive note, since we've kicked the dogs out of our bedroom at night, she hasn't had any accidents...so it must be just our bed she likes peeing in.

I'm making plans and meetings like crazy for next week, so hopefully baby holds out on me until then. And I think there may be some Mother's Day lunch plans with Don's family, since they come into town next weekend. (Honey, if you're reading this - I'll fill you in...)

I've also begun (again) sorting through piles of papers that have been accumulating for the past year. I'm specifically pulling out all financial paperwork, as my goal before going on leave is to have everything financially related to my job at least in Quickbooks and as up-to-date as possible. So, I'm searching for bank statements and expense reports from December. Fun. They weren't in the pile I thought they were. On to the two boxes of transferred piles from when we moved the office. Ugh.

I've also started packing my hospital bag. So far I have a toothbrush, toothpaste and hair ties. Think that'll suffice? :-)

Okay, okay...here's a list...help me out if I'm forgetting to pack anything:
-Socks
-Robe
-Nightgown (here's the thing: I own one nightgown. It has ducks on it. I hate sleeping in gowns. They inevitably end up around my neck by the time I wake up...suggestions?)
-Hairbrush, possibly hair dryer, shampoo and conditioner, and hair gel?
-Makeup (despite what you may say, I do want at least ONE nice picture of me in the hospital. I don't need to be looking like a zombie for all the pictures...even if I'm in the duck nightgown.)
-Outfit for me to wear home (yes, maternity jeans or cargos, and a maternity shirt)
-Baby's outfit for going home (shirt/onsie, pants, socks).
-Baby nail clippers (rumor has it they won't trim baby's nails in the hospital, so I should bring these?)
-Sports bra or ace bandage or something else to constrict the girls to confine the milk supply, to get over the pain faster.
-Something to entertain myself while I sit in a hospital bed for two days after baby comes...music? Book (probably not)? I guess enough people will be around to keep me occupied.
-Camera. All cameras. Digital point-and-click and my fancy SLR film camera. Anyone have a digital SLR they want to loan me, too?

Hmmm....

14 comments:

Mandy said...

heh...i don't have problems with nightgowns riding up, just riding down. i'm always waking up with "the girls" hanging out for all the world to see. okay...it's really just for ed to see and i've never heard him complain, so whatever. ;)

Bitter Mom said...

Hehehe. Too funny. Stupid nightgowns. I'm a t-shirt and pants/shorts kinda girl. But that whole "gotta check the va-jay-jay" thing in the hospital really prohibits pants. Boo.

Mandy said...

hehehe...wonder if they'll wait until you have a couple of visitors in your room to do the va-jay-jay check. i still have nightmares about the nurse who did that to becky when we were in the room!

Bitter Mom said...

I'll make them wait to do the va-jay-jay check until YOU'RE in the room, just so you can relive that wonderful memory! :-) Hehehe.

I just laugh that I spent an extra two minutes looking at the TV "just to be sure" - even though the nurse had already left the room!

Mandy said...

thanks! that's awesome! :P

btw...your cartoon totally grossed me out!

Bitter Mom said...

I love the cartoon! It's sweet!! Heheheh.

Erin said...

I took a nightgown last time and found it VERY annoying... (for the same reason you described). This time, my plan is to wear the hospital gown for the first day and a half or so while they are obsessively checking out my vahjayjay and then change into the top and bottom set I'm packing. (really cute and cheap, got it at Target... nice lightweight cotton) I was always having to pull down the mesh underwear for them anyway, so I figure I'll just have to pull down one more layer. It's all good. ;)

Anonymous said...

nailclippers? wtf? We haven't really clipped claire's nails since she was born. We just kinda peel them off.

ps-pants slide up and down so it's not really an issue :-)

Bitter Mom said...

eeew...you peel them off? ugh...

nelly said...

i think you need more that just a going home outfit for baby?!

Erin said...

I second not needing the nail clippers.... those nails really are pretty much unclippable for awhile.

(Janelle, they provide everything for the baby except for clothing to leave in! You even get to leave with all the extra diapers, wipes, formula and everything else from the hospital bassinet! It's great!) :)

Erin said...

oh! And there's a hairdryer in the bathroom, so you don't need to pack that.

Bitter Mom said...

Sweet! They have a hairdryer in the room? It really is like the Ritz! (As long as I don't end up in the west wing...)

And I have the diaper bag all set, that we'll probably just have in the car just in case.

Anonymous said...

My doctor said not to clip Conner's nails for X amount of time anyway.

And I LOVE the cartoon... LOL