I have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow...more updates to come after that! I'm sure she'll give me a form for the 1st sonogram, after which I'm sure Don & I will be more comfortable in really believing this is real!
How did this happen? (Aside from the obvious - we had sex, sperm meets egg, and there you go.) We were talking about trying later this summer, possibly as early as July. I fully expected that I would have to start charting again, but I never did. I was going to start again this month.
We're excited about this pregnancy, don't get me wrong. It's just different this time around. There's a new set of concerns: will we be able to afford a second kid? Will we have space for the second kid? How will I transition Jordan to a big-girl bed without her getting jealous of a new baby eventually taking her crib and her room? Of course these are things we'll work out, and if we can't afford to move anytime soon, well, we just won't be having many over night house guests anymore.
The good news is, girl or boy, I don't need to buy any essentials. That's why I loved not knowing the first time around. Everything is gender-neutral. And even now that I've returned the bassinet to Ann, I don't think I'll borrow it back. I think we'll squeeze the pack 'n play next to the bed. Or try to con Don's cousin into loaning us their beautiful bassinet. (It's seriously gorgeous, but I'd never run out and buy one...) Seriously, the pack 'n play should work fine.
And maybe I'm getting all ahead of myself. We are feeling super cautious about this one. I have no reason to think something may go wrong, but it always could.
And if everything is fine, then how do we tell people? How do we tell his parents, who we *may* go visit in July, if they're not coming up until September? (It's more fun to tell in person, especially when they pee their pants.) How do I tell my parents, who have been begging us to come visit them in Bermuda? And they've also said they may not be back until Christmas...if even then.
I have ideas about how to drop hints and eventually announce it over on the other blog. That's the fun, easy part. Family is the tough part.
I guess we'll just figure that out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Awww... I'm so excited! :)
All those worries though, it'll work out. And if it's another girl, you can eventually put them in the same room if you can't move soon!
I'm fine with another girl. :) And that would eventually be the plan. I think if we're here any longer than another year, Don's going to go crazy.
Post a Comment