Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Movements?

At my appointment this week, the doctor said I should feel the baby move. I told her I've been feeling stuff but I didn't want to think it was anything, because I'd usually feel something, and a second later I'd have gas.

But I think now I'm starting to feel movement out of the baby. And my kidney hurts. Weird.

I'm achy all over - sciatic nerve stuff, uterus expanding and all that shit.

Two years ago, I barely was used to the idea that I was pregnant. Now, I'm a 1/3 into it, and it right after the new year, the baby will be here. I feel so ill-equipped and unprepared. I feel so ... floundering. I want to start looking at toddler furniture, I want to finally get new carpet in the rest of the house, I want to move forward with a lot of home projects that need to be done.

I want to stop hounding Don for every dollar he spends, and I want to stop feeling guilty for online purchases I made, stocking up on clearance summer clothes for Jordan, and a few maternity items for me. I want to stop being such a hypocrite.

I want to stop feeling terrified that we're dipping into our emergency fund. I want to not feel terrified that we may still have to dip into it when Don starts the new job. I want him to be in a job he loves, not just a job for a job's sake. And I'd love it if it paid at least the same as the last job.

But I don't want him to get sucked into a job again, the way he did with the last one. It consumed him. It was a big part of his life, and since they screwed him, I want nothing but the worst for that company. I feel personally slighted. I want to switch my long distance company, just so I don't have to see that logo again. I wanted to smash a register screen at Safeway when an ad for them popped up on it - while the pharmacist was telling me my coverage was denied and I had to pay full price for a month's supply of prenatals.

...And apparently I've gone off on a tangent. Anyone know how it all turns out? Can anyone see into our future, even just a couple months or so? I know 'everything will be fine' and 'it'll turn out to be the best thing that's ever happened'. Already, it's been a good thing (minus the lack of income). Don's not on his phone all hours of the evening, he's appreciating his family more, not just going through the motions. He's taking a class after a 10-year hiatus, to finally go for a degree.

So, how does it turn out?

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm all about the Target brand prenatals. That's all Becky and I took and Claire and Abby both turned out just fine.

Bitter Mom said...

Oh, hell yeah. I'm going to Target for those today. The ones I'm on tend to make me feel pukey anyway.