I think I ate too much today.
I feel like my belly is expanding leaps and bounds as I sit on my lazy ass watching tv and reading trashy blogs on the J&K +8 controversies.
I also feel like I'm going to puke. And I only ate two small slices of pizza for dinner.
As I grow bigger, I'm more and more concerned about how it's all going to work with two kids. Becky is obviously above and beyond over-prepared with the amount of strollers and carriers she has on hand. ;)
I feel like I'm just going to wing it. Jordan is little-miss-independent anyway, and barely can sit in her stroller very long. I'm going to try putting the Baby Bjorn to use after Kid 2 arrives, so Jordan can continue with the stroller usage and get the cart seat when we go to Target and the grocery store. When the Bjorn gets too cumbersome, then I'll be on the look out for a sit-and-stand stroller.
Cribs? I figure on leaving Jordan in her crib/in her current room until she's ready for the room switch/big girl bed. Kid 2 will be in the pack n' play bassinet and then maybe just the PNP if need be until the crib is vacated. Oh, and I'm not even planning on the purchase of the new big-kid furniture until after Kid 2 arrives.
I guess like the Anne Tyler quote (and what's not included in the quote), I'm hoping this baby won't be too much of a disruption - that I don't need a whole bunch of new stuff for the kid, and that he/she can just take up very little space. Ha!
Who am I kidding? Where the F am I going to put out Kid 2's clothes? I guess I may have to sacrifice some of my dresser space? (Yeah, you should see my dresser...actually, good luck finding my dresser under the piles of clothes.) Jordan's clothes for next summer and beyond are starting to migrate to the other bedroom's miniscule closet, because hers is just as miniscule and is currently stuffed to the brim. So is her dresser.
I'm tired of all the stuff. No more stuff!!! I'm on strike. I'm winging it with this kid.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
it sounds like you've got more figured out than you think. Putting off getting the furniture is a good idea. Jordan will be 2 1/2 before it will be a big issue, and she'll be able to handle a bigger bed (and it will make her really feel like a big girl/sister!). With #2, I find that we wing it a lot.
I know Jordan is a lot younger than Ben was when I had Simon... but you'll probably end up using a lot of the same transport strategies. Simon was pretty exclusively Bjorned/Hip packed for a year, it was just plain the easiest thing to do and left me with the most free hands. I have only just now started using the Sit and Stand on a regular basis. I was starting to think it was a waste of money but now, I am definitely getting my money's worth out of it. :)
Hey,
Funny blog.
I am always on the lookout for people with "too much stuff"
I used to be in that position, but started selling my personal extras on eBay. Turned out to be a full time job.
So, there's always that option.
Good luck!
Travis.
WTF was that? How rude... I hate spam comments and that was an especially crafty one.
Erin,
Sorry, I hate spam as well.
I just started a search for the phrase "no more stuff" yesterday, and google emails me every time it show up on the Internet. Yours was the first email google sent so I got excited and jumped into the conversation. Thanks for thinking it was crafty. More awkward than anything else I guess. My apologies.
Travis.
eh, spammers are those that leave weird links, or those that leave weird comments in portuguese or something.
Post a Comment