So yesterday was fun...I woke up at 5:30 a.m. with a constant, all-over-the-lower-belly pain. Like having a muscle spasm, but it was constant and it lasted at least 3 hours STRAIGHT. With it, my lower back was also in constant pain, and I was a bit nauseous. Then it started coming and going. Then I was able to rest, while lying on a heating pad, but then it was just my right side that had a stabbing pain.
I finally called the doctor, and she said she wanted me to get checked out, and that she would be concerned that something's up with my appendix. Which actually relieved me, as I was more worried something was going on with the baby.
While in L&D Triage, I got poked and prodded, blood drawn, pee tested, and was of course hooked up to monitors.
The baby's fine, no contractions going on, everything looks normal "down there", and though my white blood cell count was slightly elevated, my pain was actually subsiding, so they said to just come back immediately if it got really, really bad (like I'm puking and doubled over in pain). To come back today if it was the same or a bit worse, and to just call the doctor today if I was all better. Guess which one it was today? Yep, all better. Just a dull ache on the right side if I stretch and twist a certain way.
Stupid body. Must remember this if I think it'll be fun to take a trip to the hospital pregnant but with TWO kids in tow...At least Don got to bond with J in the waiting area for a good 3 hours. :)
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Glad to hear that you are ok. I read the first couple of lines and I almost immediately grabbed the phone to call Don to see what was going on. But then I read more. Glad to hear that it's nothing to serious.
If you need anything let me know.
Sheesh a peezy! Take it easy! (hey, that rhymed!) ;) Glad all is well! (I have to say, if it were me, I also would have been relieved they were talking appendix, not baby) ;)
If you ever see my favorite nurse, Lindsay, in L&D, say hi for me! Not that she'd remember me, but she was awesome!
Lindsay. Check.
I had Jill in Triage. And with Jordan, I had Joanne in L&D. Easy to remember with all the J's.
Ooo! I had Joanne too!!! Although maybe that was with Ben...
ugh...that sucks! at least you're better today and all is well with don jr. ;)
Post a Comment