Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ugh.

I'm fighting something like the fifth round of heartburn today. I don't remember having heartburn this bad with J. With her pregnancy, I could be content to take one Zantac at night before bed, and wake up fine.

I've had to resort to taking sometimes 2 a day (the max you're supposed to take), and I still go to bed and wake up with heartburn.

I attempt to wear bras, particularly when in the company of others or if I have to leave the house. It now gets removed by lunch most days. Must remember to find the bra extender again tomorrow - not that it helps much.

This kid is funny. I don't know that he moves any more or less or harder or stronger, but it just seems different. It does seem like he's in some weird positions, and the kicking is really not so much a novelty anymore (sorry little man, been there, done that, and I'd really like you to stop kicking me). Ow. He didn't like me typing that.

Doctor's appointment later this week. Yay, D has off and should be coming along with me!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ugh ugh ugh. Truly, heartburn is WAY worse for me than puking during pregnancy. I dread ever going through it again. I used to have decent luck doing the highest level Zantacs and supplementing w/ Tums. Of course, toward the end, I'm pretty sure nothing worked and I slept sitting up or didn't sleep at all. I remember waking up out of a sound sleep and sitting right up because of horrlble 'bouts of it.

Bleh. You have my sympathies.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it's boys. At least in my case, my heartburn was worse with Conner. I have to say that Conner hurt me more in the kicking department too. He seemed higher and knew just where my bladder and ribs were. You're almost done girlie. My sympathies are with you.