As if J's 5 bins of clothes weren't taking up enough room around the house, this yet unborn boy now has more clothes than J, thanks to Becky, Ann and Sarah...
J's bins of clothes consist of everything that doesn't fit her anymore, that are waiting for a place to go (either to D's sister if she has a girl, or to my grandfather's house for more long-term storage). Her clothes that she has yet to grow into (in sizes up to 4T!) are mostly hanging up in her new room's miniscule closet.
This kid's stash of clothes? Three FULL bins - one each of newborn, 0-3, and 3-6. Then another bin of 6-9 and above.
D's actually finishing up J's new room this week - it's all painted pink, and he's just doing the trim painting. We went to look at the furniture I found online, and I think it's a go, but we're still not going to get it until after the baby arrives. I will be excited, however, to actually have places to put all these clothes once I can start moving J's stuff over to the new room - I'm not looking forward to living out of bins for a few months!!
Monday, February 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Oh but it is so much fun. And I of course have more clothes from where that came from. I didn't want to bombard you with too much. We have A LOT of boxes all ranging from Preemie to 18 months to whatever is in his clothes and drawers. He is still in 18 months but the other 18 months is summer stuff. Good times. Next one better be a boy so that I can save money, unless you just don't want to buy him anything and you can have all of Logan's. haha.
Seriously, girls clothes are just so much more fun. I have ZERO desire to go look for boys clothes. I picked up one Ravens fleece pullover for the kid, since it was on clearance for $6.
I'm going to be anxious to clear out the boys clothes once we're through with them, too, so don't worry...you'll probably end up with even more clothes!
If Sarah needs them back, you can have Conner's and dispose of them as you see fit. For that matter, once Logan and the twins slow down the growing, see me... seriously. (that goes for Becky too) I've got it all (and our boys are in the same season). Tim would be forever grateful to see more attic space!
Awww, I LOVE shopping for boy clothes. Have you looked at BRU? I think their stuff is just adorable.. though I HATE stuff with trucks and giant bugs on it. LOL. (not that you actually need anything, it sounds like!)
Erin, I've picked up a couple cute shirts on clearance from Gymboree and Old Navy, when I still felt I could shop...I love rugby shirts and waffle knit stripe shirts. And Sarah got the kid an adorable Hawaiian shirt.
I also bought an outfit way before I was pregnant "just in case" I ever had a boy...but I guess I've just turned bitter, and winter clothes are depressing, so I'm not seeing anything that excites me. Again, not that I need anything.
Little girl stuff still gives me giggles, particularly the stuff at BRU.
We have the same taste in boy clothes... I love that stuff. If you ever get a Hanna Anderson catalog THROW IT AWAY. (I wish I could buy everything in that catalog for the boys, but it's CRAZY $$$, so I've never bought anything, just like to look and be tempted)
:)
I do really like wandering the girl section once in awhile and picking up things for my niece here and there!
I generally do throw the Hanna Anderson catalog away, but mainly because I HATE the girl clothes in it. Isn't that the one that has all matching outfits for the whole family? Yeah, that scares me.
Now, the Tea catalog? My god, I need a 6-figure salary job to afford all the adorable stuff I see in there. Girl stuff, mainly.
Post a Comment