But I'm not cut out for the sentimental pregnancy crap. This kid moves, and it hurts, and I want to cry. I have feet stuck under my ribs, it hurts, and I want to cry. I have heartburn all the time and I want to cry.
I really just want this kid out. I know it's going to be more work. It's going to be EXHAUSTING. But I'm exhausted now. I can't hold J for very long. I can't do much around the house - at least carrying laundry up and down stairs. I can't do much when J is awake anyway because she just wants to mess shit up, get into what I'm trying to put away, or get into cabinets that she shouldn't be in - that should be babyproofed by now (hint, hint, honey - yes, the cabinets in our bathroom). By the time it gets to her naptime, I just want to sleep, or just veg.
Maybe I can occupy my thoughts by opening up one of those baby pools. I really just want to cry, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I'm totally with you. I'm not the "love being pregnant" type. And it doesn't make you an awful mom. Think of it this way - you're just eager to meet J's little brother =)
ROFL... I don't love being pregnant. Most days when I am I sit hanging my head over the toilet in the morning heaving or wake up in the middle of the night with the godawful acid reflux and just want to cry and get to the end already. But I do like looking back on that time in my life, so I fake the sentimental thing well... well, not fake exactly, but I mean, I document and try to write as much positive stuff as I can. Maybe that comes across as sentimentality.... but yeah, I'm right there with you in just wanting that part over... and the bad part of the newborn stuff that comes after.
Don't you think it's even worse when you KNOW what you're in for with the newborn thing and the no sleep? :( Downright depressing...
ROFL...this does not make you a bad mother. This just makes you done with pregnancy and all. BUT NOT A BAD MOTHER!!!
eh...I wasn't too into the pregnancy thing either. I didn't have it as bad as you did, but I definitely had my discomforts. And those first couple months suck, but they're over pretty quickly. :)
Dang...i've never been as pregnant as you...i've always delivered by now!
I'm with Becky, by this point Logan was already a month old!!
Post a Comment