For posterity, I figure I should list some things that might be useful to remember, should I ever decide to go through this whole pregnancy thing again.
The Pros:
-Obviously, no period = no period pains
-I can count on one hand the number of headaches I've had. Without child, I'm prone to multiple headaches a month, including migraines. I should probably see someone about that actually.
-
The Cons:
-The heartburn.
-The pain of wearing bras.
-The pain of not wearing bras.
-The heartburn.
-Getting kicked in the ribs, pelvis, and having a kid trying to stretch and push on all sides of the uterus.
-The lack of heavy drinking. And I actually drank less this time around - probably because I wasn't working and out at social events where a glass of wine was readily available.
-The sheer exhaustion and the inability to bend over and/or carry anything over 20 pounds.
-Getting head-butted in the belly by the toddler is quite painful, too.
I thought there would actually be more pros. The headache thing is actually pretty big for me, though. You don't realize how much you appreciate not having them until you get one...
I'm really trying to remember more pros...
My mother - out of nowhere - changed her plans and decided to fly in sooner. Of course, with the snow, she many actually not get here until when she was originally supposed to get here. It's actually quite funny to me - I mentioned to her that D's mom will stay with us unless she decides to stay with us, and all of a sudden she was more than willing to stay, and then she was changing her plans to come in sooner. Should be interesting, either way.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm a headache person too and also noted that as a pregnancy pro... I also seem to have less seasonal allergy activity when I'm pregnant, which is interesting. I also like that you can freely wear elastic pants and just not care!
my skin cleared up when i was pregnant. that was a pro. people were very nice and helpful to me, especially at work. that was a pro too.
Post a Comment