Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

housing, cars, etc

So, obviously we're quickly outgrowing our current living situation. D is anxious to start looking at houses, but we're nowhere near ready to sell (or even rent out) our house now. But there is a house I love that has been on the market for over a year. I will be sad if it sells, and not to us.

I'm just anxiously awaiting any real updates on d's promotion...which could put us in a better position to actually afford the house. But I'm also saddened to think i'd have to find a new preschool for j, at least for next fall.

In addition, we will be needing to sell my car and get on the minivan bandwagon. D wants to start looking at a few houses and/or cars this weekend. *sigh* i'd rather wait until we hear something about the job, and after we get back from vacation in a few weeks.

Oh, and in a conversation d had with his mom this past weekend, she said, "why would you want to move to PH? I don't think V's going to have the support she needs being up there." Um, as opposed to what? Right, where she suggested d has one aunt in the area, who works FT...ok, so why wouldn't I have the "support I need" being near a multitude of friends that are like sisters to me, not to mention my "second mom"?

Once again, why does she think she even has a say in our lives when she barely a part of it?

5 comments:

Mandy said...

You know we love you! We want you by us! :) I definitely think you'll have much more support up our way...but that's just my two cents.

Meghan said...

if I could effectively type the "coughing 'bullshit' into my hand" I would! You've got us... what more do you need? We've got your back faster than you can blink! (although Mandy said it much more sweetly with the simple "we love you!")

Erin said...

Don't panic on the house thing just yet... babies don't take up that much room initially! :) The car situation is much more panic-worthy. LOL!

We're in exactly the same situation. With Tom at this new company, we feel like we need to wait and make sure everything there is stable and whatnot before we really start looking at bigger houses. Nothing would be worse than buying our "forever" house only to end up being totally house poor. Plus, we want to really get our house into good shape so we can get top dollar and sell quickly when we do.

Oh, also, I vote you move this way too. ;) I need more moms with three kids around to make me feel less insane. ;) Plus, I know of a fantastic preschool. ;)

Becky said...

I would love to have you so close by. It is especially nice to have someone else who stays at home most weekdays in the neighborhood!

Plus, our kids can go to school together.

Sarah said...

While I don't live in PH, I actually live in the area where your MIL suggested, I will give you support wherever you are!!! If you are right around the corner or if I have to travel to PH, I'll be there for you and your family!!!