Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Sunday, July 18, 2010

remind me...

The next time my MIL wants to stay with us for even one night, the answer should always be NO.

While I was in the shower, she asked D if I needed help, because it seemed I was "falling behind" (in regards to housework). In the half hour that she was able to, she cleaned the play kitchen, put my sugar in a ziploc bag, put a remaining bit of flour in an empty canister and cleaned off a portion of my counter. She also mentioned wanting to buy me a shower caddy, because there's so many shampoo bottles and stuff on my tub.

Now, it's not that I don't appreciate the help, but I found it rather insulting, particularly the way she talked to D behind my back. I think the next time I go to her house, I'll put her stuff in places that *i* find more appropriate without telling or asking her.

Where does she get off thinking she can come physically into our lives and home once every 6 months to a year and just take over? Grrr.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I typically find my kitchen a little cleaner than I left it when my mom babysits. Now it compells me to clean a little extra just so I don't feel inadequate when i get home. I feel your pain.