Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

ugh

D and I seem to have hit a small rough spot when it comes to parenting. The past few days, he believes j is more "out of control" than usual, basically in her difficulties listening. I don't think its any worse than usual, and I think a big part of it has been his mood and how he handles it. Yes, I can't keep my cool all the time, but it seems that when he walks through the door, the second j starts talking, he's on her case and in a bad mood.

I feel that his judgements on her behavior are direct judgements on me and how I'm handling her during the day. And now he wants to control our home situation more - he tells me not to let her watch as much tv (that actually gets her to sit and be calm for a while) when on the weekend, he's the first to turn the tv on for her.

Little things...they're bugging me, they're bugging him. And I don't like feeling judged, paticularly by my own husband.

On a pregnacy side-note, I had my first nosebleed last night. That was fun..

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I understand. This summer there were times that Conner's behavior was directly related to me since I've been home with him. It sucks. It's also just really hard to be a parent and a team. From experience, you get more flies with honey (not that this is an easy thing to do), but it seems to work better - Conner just escalates when yelled at. As for TV, I tried to do a "TV Free" day once a week - I failed miserably! It's not as easy as it sounds. Good luck, and call me if you need me. I hope this helps.