Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Routines

So, it only took two kids, a third on the way, and J starting preschool to finally get some sort of scheduled routine around here. Mondays and Wednesdays are pretty much free days, which usually involve not leaving the house because I just don't feel like it. ;)

Tuesday/Thursdays are J's school days, so we're out the door by 8:45, drop her off, grab a coffee at the DD, hit home or the grocery store, hang for a bit with E, then pick up J at 11:30.

Friday is gymnastics day. J's in the "big girl" class, and I was conned into signing E up for the mommy & me class. Big mistake. I'm too tired and getting too big to keep up with him, and he's just too young to focus on it all right now. I'm counting the weeks until the end of the session, but of course I'm going to feel super guilty signing her up and not him for the next session, because he's going to be running to the door to join in. Bah.

Our afternoons are pretty much all the same: lunch, naps, playtime...if we're lucky, playtime involves going outside with the neighborhood friends, without whom I'd probably be going insane. It definitely helps the kids to get out and run around, and with the new 11 year old girl living next door? Built-in kid-chaser, so we don't have to worry about our under-4-year-olds running down the street or around the corner out of sight.

I am definitely valuing the great neighbors we have, and hope that if and when we ever move, they'll move right along with us and live next door. ;)

No comments: