Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Yay! Saturday!

Wrapping up yet another crazy day yesterday, I can at least say that I finally got my Gingerbread Latte.

And I didn't intentionally mean to rhyme just then.

I stopped by the big farewell happy hour with the now former employees of my former employer. Everyone was in farely good spirits, just quite upset at the company's owners...er, former owners. But that could've been because they'd been drinking since noon.

What I thought was funny was that even my good friends that were still there thought I actually LEFT the company. They didn't remember that the company laid me off, too. Although, I was lucky. I got two weeks severence (gee, thanks) and paid for my unused vacation time, and I actually got paid for the last two weeks I worked there. Them? Nothing. No severence, not even a final paycheck for the last week & a half.

It felt good to hang out with those guys, and I didn't even mind not drinking. So maybe Thursday's dark mood was really just because of the exhaustion, and because I was around people that I couldn't just be myself around.