So, Don and I started our registry at Babies R Us today...we got (I hope) all the major stuff out of the way. I just added the stroller and carseat online, but we also scanned bottles (and bottle accessories), diaper pail, play pen, high chair, swing, one baby gate that we liked (we'll need a few more, but just wanted to make sure they'll fit where we need them to fit), changing pad...but I know we're still missing A LOT. I just got exhausted, and had exhausted all the "Baby Bargains" research I did on all the big-ticket items.
Can any moms with a free minute just check out the registry and see how it's shaping up?
I'm still S.O.L. on what we're going to do about a crib and nursery furniture, so that will be the next big research that I do (despite that I've already researched it, but Babies R Us seems to have a big alliance to Jardine furniture, and I've decided against that brand and I can't find any nearby stores that sells the furniture I found online that I like). GRRR!!!!
In other news, a friend of mine just told me tonight that she's pregnant! 6 weeks along now, so I'm excited to know someone else who's pregnant along with me!! Most of you have met her - Sarah, and her husband Dan, who came to Kathy's new year's party last year.
Me and my big belly are going to bed now. Snooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzeeee....
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Looks good so far, although I have never once used my sterilizer, just use the dishwasher (you need to add the dishwasher basket). . The swaddleme's are crap! We have 3 and Claire always got out of them. I will get you a miracle blanket...so much better! You also need more burp clothes and hooded towels for bath time.
You got all the majors. I agree with Becky, you can never have too many burp cloths and towels/wash cloths. I used cloth diapers as burp cloths and they are very absorbent. When you add to your registry, think about any toys you might want (infant gyms and things). I never "sterilized" either. The dishwasher was my friend. Actually, a few more bottles might be good to add too. They go through a lot in a day. You'll be surprised.
I also never used a sterilizer...
LOVED the Avent bottles though. We tried Playtex insert ones and Playtex Ventairs before we found the Avents.
How about a diaper bag? A big one as well as a smaller one (that you will use a hundred times more often than the big one) for everyday trips.
Side-snap t-shirts (newborn, for when they first come home)
onesies out the wazoo
baby gowns
bathtub
bouncy/vibrating seat thing
sling/snugli/baby bjorn front carrier
Exersaucer
crib music toy thing (i.e. the infamous aquarium my child is STILL addicted to)
mobile
thermometer (ear/rectal/temporal artery.. your choice)
little (but essential) things -- Mylicon gas drops, infant tylenol, saline nose drops, baby bath, powder, fingernail clippers... etc
More as I think of it...
Post a Comment