Erin's latest blogs have gotten me to thinking that maybe I DO want to find out the sex of the baby, but not tell anyone. I have my heart set on the girl name, and I really do want a girl. (Shh...don't tell the kid, but I almost feel like I'll be a little disappointed if it's a boy. I know I'll get over it pretty quickly though...and then that gets me thinking that it really doesn't matter anyway, the kid is already what it is, so why bother finding out now?)
Grrr!!! Also, I saw a similar topic debated on The Nest, and most people that found out that they were having the opposite of what they hoped were a little sad at first, but got over it before the baby came. Am I going to start bawling in the delivery room if I give birth to a little boy? You never know...and if you seriously think I won't, then you probably don't realize just how crazy and emotional I can be! :-P
So, I have the little girl's first name picked out, though Don's not convinced. Plus, I'm trying my best to find an "H" or "F" middle name to go with it (to go along the lines of being named after my grandmother, Frances Helen...See, I was named Valerie Kay after my great-great-grandmother Veronica my great-grandmother Kamila. They had easy ones. Then Kamila had to go name my grandmother Frances Helen. Thanks for the help great-grandma.)
Don totally doesn't like the middle name that I like for the girl, and since I'm pretty sure we won't be using it, I can share that. I'm partial to Harper (think Harper Lee).
The easy thing, though, is that I do have a first and middle name picked out for a little boy, and I would be excited to use that name (and I don't care how popular people think it is)!!! So, maybe I would be excited after all to have my cute little curly-haired soccer player. Yes, my son will have curls. Don and I are both cursed, but it will be ADORABLE. :-)
So, what do I do? Find out or not find out? That is the question...
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Harper!! I'm sorry Don doesn't like it. :(
Oh, and my vote is for FIND OUT!!! :)
Truthfully, I *was* disappointed at my u/s with Ben when I saw he was a boy. (it felt so wrong to feel that way because I know so many people have trouble getting pregnant and would care only that it was a healthy baby) My disappointment was hard to hide though... I so had had my heart set on a little girl. I was glad I found out though and had the time for it to sink in... it didn't take long before I was totally excited about a little boy! :) (and now I can't imagine him having been a girl... I'm so glad I had him first!)
Anyway, so yeah, that's a plus for finding out...
Find out and don't tell anyone but me! I can keep a secret (well actually that's a lie, I can't, but tell me anyway)!
I don't get it...what's the point of you finding out and not telling anyone? Especially with the first kid when you know you'll be getting a shower and lots of presents. Hrmmmmmmm....
Mandy DOES have a point there... something to consider. Ben LIVED in gift outfits (a.k.a. free stuff!!!!) for about nine months!
I just don't want to get 50 blue outfits or 50 pink outfits! I want the useful stuff!! Now, I'm going back to the idea of finding out by having the ultrasound person put it in a sealed envelope...and maybe we'll open it together, and then tell everyone at the shower...I DON'T KNOW!!! Aaaaahhhh....
Dude...honestly people will still buy you outfits in gender neutral and most of that stuff is just UGLY!
You know that if it's a girl, you'll want to dress her like a princess. And if it's a boy, he'd look a lot tougher in blue than pink. ;)
I figure, if it's a girl, she'll look good in blue and green, too. After all, my mom thought I was going to be a boy, so I wore a lot of sailor suits as a baby.
Claire has a lot of blue outfits!!!
Find out! I LOVED knowing. I was slightly disappointed at first too (but don't tell Conner) but I was over it by the car ride home. Then it was fun to find little boy things. There's very little green/yellow out there, so knowing what the sex is can help.
Tim adds... we need to know what color nascar outfit to buy!!
Also... Deacon Tim adds... in the spirit of Christmas... Mary found out it was a boy, why can't you?
You can have the tech write it down and you can open it together at the stroke of midnight on new years to be special...
Deacon Tim cracks me up. ;)
Post a Comment