So, the only way that I realize that I'm 25 weeks is by my ticker over on my myspace page. And I finally wrote down the weeks on my 2007 NASCAR Pets Calendar. How do I feel? Fat, but fine. No sickness, and I think all my food aversions (or at least the general disinterest in food) has gone away. I swear I'm up like 16 pounds now. I've said goodbye to my vah-jay-jay for good.
For the past few days it seems the kid's movement has slowed down a bit. Maybe he/she is running out of room in there, particularly since my stomach is taking over.
Seriously, I can eat two breakfasts: cereal when I get up, then an english muffin or oatmeal a few hours later. Then lunch. And a snack. And dinner. And a snack/dessert. Good god, stop me now.
I've really enjoyed taking baths during this pregnancy, but I think they'll have to come to an end. It's getting increasingly harder to get out of the tub. And to just sit up in the tub. Plus, it depresses Phoenix - he really wants a bath, and just lays next to the tub and looks sad while I'm in there.
I spoke too soon, as my coffee must be kicking in. The kid is kicking and punching around in there right now.
I've seen some people mention that (at around the same time in their pregnancy) they know where the head is, and what movement was a kick, and what was a punch...HOW?!?! All I know is that movement is movement. I couldn't tell you if it was a kick or a punch, or where any part of the kid's body is currently residing. And hiccups? I really don't think this kid has had hiccups that I can feel yet. Anyway, I don't know how people know that. Maybe they have less padding than I do.
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Too hasn't been thumping around quite as much lately either. It probably is getting snug in there.
The only reason I know what I'm feeling is because I knew Ben was head down from 30 weeks on and I felt a hard (very hard, like SKULL hard) round lump in my lower right pelvis all the time. I wouldn't have recognized it right away this time if I hadn't felt it before and known the baby was head down.
Also, the kicking vs. punching... I am really only assuming which is which because this baby is still spending a lot of time breech (I haven't felt the head down low in awhile) Lastly, the foot in the ribcage I only know is a foot when it's there because again, I've felt it before and saw it on a late u/s with ben, so it was confirmed that's what it was. :) I could identify what I later found out to be his pointy right knee last time too... (right after he was born, I felt it for real and recognized it as what I had been feeling right under my rib for a few months)... still waiting for that one with Too.
The hiccups are pretty obvious when they happen... they come every few seconds. And, once the baby is head down for good, you feel them really low. :) Not all babies have them... when they do though, they usually have them after they are born too, which is kinda cool... you get to feel it from the inside AND the outside! ;)
I could never tell body parts either, but the hiccups... you can't miss them (and when Conner had them it got annoying). It feels just like your own hiccups, only less embarrassing!
Post a Comment