Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Milestones

We're getting rid of stuff like crazy! Thanks to Freecycle, we're getting rid of an old coffee table and a bunch of VHS movies today. The basement paint is finished, too!!! YAY! Now all that needs to be done is to paint all the molding and trim, and get the new carpet in!

Tomorrow marks one year since Marshmellow joined our family. :-) She's currently barking at the cat, but she's excited. We're celebrating with a trip to the vet tomorrow, and I'll be picking up some cupcakes at the store later to celebrate. Yes, we celebrate the dog's birthdays. We kinda skipped Phoenix's birthday in October (also Mandy's anniversary, or the day after), so we'll just celebrate both tomorrow. Since we don't know Marshmellow's real birthday, we just consider it the day we brought her home - so she turns 2 tomorrow!!


Since I still can't find the cable to get the pictures off the digital camera, here's an older pic of the puppies cuddling. Or rather, Marshmellow laying on Phoenix's throat. She really loves him. I think he just tolerates her, though. :-)




I have lots of basic "housekeeping" work to do today, so I better get to it. I really need to motor on cleaning and organizing the office - but trust me, it looks a lot better today than it did last week at this time! I can see the floor in here! By tomorrow, I hope I can see the top of the desk and the rest of the floor, and NO PILES OF PAPERS! (Speaking of a disorganized office, did anyone see this story about messy offices? It really validated my opinion of my annoying, neat freak, non-efficient former boss.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Marshmellow!!!
WTF? Dogs eat cupcakes???

Bitter Mom said...

Yep! Phoenix loves cupcakes!!! They also like to eat whole loaves of bread, cat food, and anything else remotely edible. The spackle was not so friendly to their tummies, unfortunately. At least they puked that up.

Thanks for calling me out on the nest, btw. I posted back on Parenting for you, but I don't think you saw it.

Hey, I hear you're on a PT schedule now - when I can take you & Claire to your closest BRU for some registry help? :-) I'll even buy ya a starbucks!

Anonymous said...

Girl...anytime! I actually need to go to the BRU in Towson for a return! I am off this Friday as well as Feb. 5, 12, 16! If you want to do any of these days let me know so I can pencil you in...

Bitter Mom said...

Girl! Pencil me in for Friday!! What time?

Anonymous said...

12?

Bitter Mom said...

Sounds good!! I hope there's a starbucks nearby, too! Meet you there? (This is the one on Putty Hill, right?)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, right by Calvert Hall

Erin said...

YO. I want to come! :P

Erin said...

Actually, now that I've invited myself, I realize I can't come anyway. Mommy and me on Friday. But I WOULD have totally crashed the BRU party. ;P But maybe I'll do a driveby afterward and stalk you both!

Bitter Mom said...

Stalk us!! The more help the better! Then we can all do Starbucks afterwards!!

Anonymous said...

We can change the time so Erin can go!!! I am VERY flexible (Claire is on no schedule, I am a bad Mommy)!!!

Bitter Mom said...

And I'm very flexible as well in terms of time...I prefer sometime after 10 a.m. though so I don't have to fight the morning commuter traffic. :-)

Erin? Want to join us? What time works for you??