Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Monday, January 22, 2007

Andrea Bocelli Fan?

It's becoming a nightly tradition. Every night when I lay down in bed, I play some classical music for the kid. It just so happens we have "Con Te Partiro" and the English version "Time to Say Goodbye" that's listed in Don's IPod under classical.

I've found that "Con Te Partiro" is a particularly popular choice for the kid, who just goes nuts kicking and moving when it's on. Maybe the kid really hates it, though. Note, the kid is not as active during the English version (which I think features Sarah Brightman or some other female singer). So, as I go to bed, I play the Italian version twice and just enjoy feeling the kid move around.

Any other suggestions for some good music to play in utero? I did just order the entire collection of Jeffery Gaines albums off half.com. We saw him in concert recently and it was more amazing than I could've imagined. I have one of his early albums already, but finally seeing him live really pushed me to order all his other albums. The kid was grooving to some of his bluesy covers, too, so I figured I could play his slower ballads to the kid and not feel guilty about it. (He does a great cover of "In Your Eyes" by the way.)

He's coming back around this way - to Arlington, VA, actually - in early March, and I'm really thinking that I'll check him out again. Really, really great show. I think even Don really liked him. Yay! Anyone interested in going to the Arlington show with us? :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed playing "Ghetto Superstar", "Where my bitches at?" and "My Humps" when Claire was in utero...

Bitter Mom said...

Nice. No wonder she's a ghetto-fabulous princess. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...we love to have her wear her large gold $ medallion when we go out!!