I swear I meant to tell everyone I know this story. This is as it was relayed by my parents.
On New Year's Eve, my parents were driving down to our house to see Don & I. Whenever they're in town, they drive my grandfather's powder blue 1983 Chevy Caprice station wagon. The easy way to get to our house from my grandfather's is to go through the tunnel. Well, before they got to the tunnel, they see this young couple in a Toyota Corolla or something. There's a car seat in the back seat, baby and all. The guy driving had what they described as a mohawk, plus tattoos on his neck and multiple piercings. The girl to them looked a little more "normal".
So, they end up going through the toll plaza right behind this couple, pull up to pay the toll, and the toll person says "The couple in front of you paid your toll, and said 'Happy New Year!'".
I think it really threw my dad for a loop. The man assumes things about everyone based on their looks. Way to go, anonymous stranger! But, really, don't judge a book by its cover - I hope you don't think that my parents in the beat up Chevy are hurting for money!! ;-)
It makes me want to do something nice for a random stranger behind me at the toll booth. But I have EZ Pass, and I rather enjoy being able to cruise right on through the tolls at 15 mph!
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
lol...ezpass rules! ;) maybe you could put a couple dollars towards someone's meal at a drivetru.
Yeah, I could do that...But I rarely go through drive-thrus! Maybe the nezt time, which could be in a few months...
I've done that before during my college years and almost caused an accident because the guy I paid for sped up to thank me and cut some guy off to get in the next lane to give me a wave. The guy he cut off had to slam on his breaks and pounded on his horn.
Now, I just give a big tip to the starbucks people when I feel giving.
Post a Comment