Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic

Yikes! Three times the fun?

baby development

Monday, January 08, 2007

Is this normal?

My pregnancy woes. Pardon the bluntness and TMI of some of them. This is for posterity's sake, afterall.

-My back is broken out more than when I was a teenager. Included in that is my ass.
-Only one of my bras fits anymore. I still refuse to admit that I'm wearing a D cup, but alas I did buy one. That's the one that fits. Barely.
-I'm quickly saying goodbye to my va-jay-jay. I will only be able to see her in the mirror from here on out. Grooming her in the shower will be verrrry interesting.
-My baby belly seems to be making a shelf over said va-jay-jay, thus the previous notation.
-Occassionally, my hip/leg bone socket joint thing seems to not want to operate properly, particularly when getting up from a sitting position. It makes me walk like I'm 90. Although, my grandfather who just turned 90 today seems more spry than I when rising from a sitting position. Hmmm.
-My nipples (I told you this was TMI) seem to be very sensitive. I accidentally impaled myself on the left side in the shower with my fingernail the other day, and it actually drew blood! My nails are not all that sharp! And it hurt like hell!

So, Erin's already showing me up with her painting the nusery already, buying a coming home outfit, and all the advanced stuff that I feel like I'm going to fall quickly behind on. What should I be doing? Other than fretting about the above pregnancy conditions?

I *think* we're close to a decision on the nursery. Black furniture, light green walls with white trim and accents (the sheets, and dust ruffle will be white). I just fell in love with the black Munire Newport collection, and Don knows it, but I've just had the hardest time picturing the nursery colors. I was really good at picturing my living room two years ago. Now, in 2007, what I did in my living room is apparently the "hot look" for the year. Hmm. Red walls, black tables, tan furniture with light green accents. I should work for Pottery Barn. Just wait until we get the kitchen going! Anyway, the nursery is coming together in my head, so I think we'll be good to go buy furniture as soon as the office is moved to the basement (cross your fingers for a late-January move!!).

10 comments:

Erin said...

I got a bit of an early start, only because I was worried about where we were going to put all the crap. I didn't start ben's nursery until I was seven months pregnant.

Yours sounds like it's going to be GORGEOUS!!!

Um yeah, and that list? Count me in for all of them... except I'm breaking out on the right side of my face. Good times. The hip thing is very weird... I had it last time too. It feels like they are just going to fly out of their sockets!

Anonymous said...

keeping up with the pubes really does suck!!!

Bitter Mom said...

Seriously! And Don's not taking me seriously that it will soon be his job to take care of my shaving needs!

Anonymous said...

Scott got pretty good at shaving my legs! He didn't quite get that women go against the grain, not with it though...

Anonymous said...

Your pelvis is widening for the baby to drop down hence the hips feel like they're pulling apart b/c they are

Anonymous said...

I'm anonymous...sweet...oh, okay it's me Kathy

Anonymous said...

heh...ain't it great to have a friend who knows all about medical stuff? :)

Bitter Mom said...

it's awesome! Hey, Kathy, I'll start posting specific medical questions that hopefully you can answer! Like questions about my belly button ... it's strange, trust me.

Erin said...

That IS handy. I have a hundred questions! ;) Make sure you stop by frequently!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Tim likes to recommend the cocoa butter for stretch marks. He rubbed my belly every night with it and I didn't have any marks on my belly. A post pregnancy note... rub your boobs too. I had stretch marks there!