Baby is doing fine (other than pissing me off by pushing up into my sternum).
Nursery furniture came bright and early this morning - and the front of the crib will most likely need to be replaced. On the front left side, the screw that goes through the side part into the front part of the crib won't go in because the insert (where the screw goes in) is stripped, and the delivery guy couldn't get the insert out to replace it, so he said they'll most likely need to order us a whole new front of the crib.
Other than that, the room is coming together! Now we need lamps/lights in the room, a mattress, sheets, a valance, new blinds, and we need to patch a spot in the wall where Don's knee when through it. I think he was finishing up the room, was getting down off a chair, and fell knee-first into the wall.
Here's pictures of the nursery, all painted and with the two new pieces of furniture! I swear I never had this nice of furniture when I was growing up - and I think this stuff is even better than the furniture we have in our master bedroom!!
The money new crib. Awaiting word about a new front, and also awaiting a mattress.
The dresser and hutch with a few of the things given to the baby thus far. You'll notice in the foreground, draped over the front of the crib, a light green blanket.
This was purchased to match a paint color to, and as Don will tell you is the "most horrible blanket in the world". Why? Because it's not a fleece, soft, cozy blanket - and I didn't buy any of those because they all had animals and crap on them. I like the plain green blanket as baby's first blanket. And it's almost like it's knitted with love - except it was purchased with love from Babies R Us.
And finally, to see just how small this closet of a room is, this picture was taken standing in the doorway. Or maybe it just illustrates how big our dogs are. Either way, here they are enjoying what is now the ONLY clean room in the house.


5 comments:
wow! that furniture is beautiful!! i love it!!
and i totally agree with the whole baby blanket thing. there are some print ones i love, but i also love the plain ones more =)
It's gorgeous!! I LOVE the colors together!
Your room looks about the same size as ours. I actually like our small room much better as a nursery than I did as a cramped office. It feels almost spacious now. ;) Er.... not as much like a closet with a computer in it.
mellow and pheeeeen rool...i mean, the furniture's nice also, but seriously, let's get to the real point of the discussion...which is, as stated above, mellow and pheeeen rool.
Yes...breaking the 200lb barrier was a sad day in the Schafer household!!!
200 lbs? that's amateur stuff, babe! ;)
the room looks pretty though. :)
Post a Comment