We'll probably end up at Babies R Us this weekend to use the gift cards we got at the shower to pick up everything else we may need for the baby's arrival...
Here are things I know we need to get:
-Side-snap newborn onesies
-Changing pad & changing pad covers
-Diaper bag
-More sheets for the crib (we got 2 - one needs to be exchanged)
-Wipes
-Formula
Okay, I'm mozying over to BRU for a quick trip...need to get a quick gift for someone else. Any help in the "what else do I need" department would be great!
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
If they let you know, pass it along to me! ;)
I have 5 4-oz. bottles, and 3 9-oz. bottles. I guess I need more, huh? How many more?
I think I have four 4-oz and 6 or 7 9-ounce. For the first few months, you'll feed the baby roughly every three hours. It's nice to have enough bottles and nipples that you only have to wash them all once a day. (I just throw them in the dishwasher at night) If I were you, I might pick up 3-4 more 9-ounce ones, enough stage 1 nipples to cover all of your 9-ounce ones. YOu might also want to pick up a few extra stage 2's too... they move up to that one pretty quickly.
- Burp cloths? I got one pack of them...Should I just opt for getting the pack of plain cloth diapers? How man do I need?
I love the plain cloth diapers. And I'd get a LOT of them... (maybe 10-15 total?) you'll blow through them every day for awhile and you'll always want to have at least one in the diaper bag.
- Do I really need a pack-n-play? Right away? At all?
I used the PnP as our crib for the first 8 weeks in the bedroom. I had a bassinet downstairs to put the baby in when I was down there. (along with diaper changing supplies) You'll need SOMETHING in your room for the baby to sleep in for at least a few weeks... also, eventually I used the PnP inthe living room for Ben's naps. We have also used the PnP on numerous trips... so yeah, it got a good deal of use for awhile there.
-Do I really need a swing? I received the infant seat thing (bouncer/around the house seat), and a 3-in-1 swing, infant seat, toddler seat thing. It's this thing - should I just keep this? Even though we already have the infant seat? I just read the two reviews on it, too, and they don't sound too good. I was looking more at something like this perhaps, which got great reviews. I know Don's aunt got it at Target, but do you think I could just sneak it back to Babies R Us?
I'd go for the bigger swing that has the dual direction swing action. Ben HATED his swing, but I'm hoping this baby likes it. Most babies seem to... and some even spend the first few months sleeping in it and not the crib/PnP! And yes, I think you could sneak the other one back to BRU. THey are GREAT about exchanges. Target, not so much.
-How many newborn pacifiers? I think we got 2 or 4, plus 2 in an older size.
I have four right now in the newborn size. It's plenty. (because at this point, they don't throw them around or carry them all over the place and lose them) ;) When the baby gets a little older, you'll need to keep a few more on hand.
-Diapers...We have something like 80 newborn-sized swaddlers. Should we get more? I'd wait and see how big your baby turns out to be. I know plenty of people who have had to skip right over the newborn size altogether! The size 1 diapers in most brands start at 8 pounds. 80 Swadders will cover about 10 days or so... (plus you can steal some from the hospital).
If you want to stock up more, I'd buy some size 1's. You can always send Don out for more newborn ones if you need to. ;)
Hope that helps! :)
Thank you Erin for making my comments shorter!! Erin's comments are perfect. The only difference I have (and that's just a Conner difference) is that I didn't put Conner in our room at the beginning. He got used to the crib right away (I love monitors - he'll be 16 with that thing on still! - okay, maybe not) But Pack n' Plays are great for trips to other people's houses or out of town. They're great for naps too. And the cloth diapers... golden!! Get a lot - they get well used.
Thanks, ladies!!
Mandy, you'll be inheriting a lot between Becky and I, I'm sure, so you have a ways to go before worrying about this stuff!!!! You'll probably just need diapers and wipes, and the kid will be set for a while! :-)
Meg, yeah, I know a lot of people who went right to the crib...
The PnP will still come in handy though on another floor as a place to park the kiddo and for diaper changes. Tom wants me to put this baby right in the crib this time, but I'm doing whatever gets me the most sleep in the beginning... if that's the crib, so be it... if it's PnP, then we'll do that... if it's putting Too in bed with us... that's what it will be!!! ;)
Post a Comment